PDA

View Full Version : Please help, Plaque problem!

joshmlawson
05-02-2010, 08:28 AM
I downloaded the Plaque/Business card holder (http://store.carvewright.com/product.php?productid=19775&cat=265&page=2) and the first prototype turned out great. I used a discarded 3/4 piece of pecan flooring. When I went to do another the machine is off by around 1/4 or so on the cut out.

I've attached some pictures and you can see in the software everything lines up and should come out great but in reality the machine is off. You can see on the front where the thickness of the sides do not match up and on the back where it's cutting closer to the name then it should. Any help would be great!

I'm running Windows XP Pro with version 1.162. I tried version 1.163 but got the same result.

lawrence
05-02-2010, 10:08 AM
did you use masking tape on the bottom-- flooring can be pretty slick (and so can pecan) and the piece may have moved on you.....

Just a thought

Lawrence

joshmlawson
05-02-2010, 04:35 PM
I also tried pine and red oak (no flooring). Each one is off by just a little bit on the cut out. I'll have to give the masking tape a shot. It's almost like I need to recalibrate the machine or something. I did have to replace the board sensor when it went out with less then 10 hours on the machine.

shotgun 6
05-02-2010, 04:54 PM
I had a smimilar problem with the round box project. The first one came out ok but on subsequent (four) carves the miter cut on the back of the top was off center vertically a little. It finally dawned on me to check the "vertical center" of the miter ring on the mpc and sure enough it moved when I hit "center, vertical". Evidently when I changed subsequent designs on the top I apparently moved the miter ring just enough vertically to make it off center.

joshmlawson
05-06-2010, 06:45 AM
I'll have to check that too. I taped a board and went to run the project again but started getting power fluctuation errors constantly. After reading all the posts about it, it looks like I'll have to break out the old soldering iron again and repair the power supply. Maybe one day I'll get to complete a project.