PDA

View Full Version : Y axis stall 303

TheWeeze
04-30-2010, 04:10 PM
Last month I had requested help with a y axis stall 303 after receiving my Compucarve back from repair for a door open error and a chuck replacement. Since then I thought I had it fixed but it would stall after 11 percent of a carve. I didn't want to post again until I had a solution. Turns out when I received my machine back it wasn't my machine. I put my initials inside the case and they were not on the machine I received back. It also had a different serial number so it would stall right before carving a licenced carve that I purchased from carvewright. Sent it back for repair and they said it's my machine but they replaced the control module which changed the serial number. It looks like they sent me a refurbished unit and are now waiting on software to update the machine they sent me to my serial number. I may be wrong but this doesn't sound right to me. Would a control module need replaced for a door open error or chuck replacement? Here is the parts replaced on the service order, 1 sensor p, power pc, spindle, motor mount, electr. p, z-truck, micro sw, sensr ca. all that for a door open error? This has been going on since 1/3/10. still don't have it back. BEWARE

AskBud
04-30-2010, 04:19 PM
Last month I had requested help with a y axis stall 303 after receiving my Compucarve back from repair for a door open error and a chuck replacement. Since then I thought I had it fixed but it would stall after 11 percent of a carve. I didn't want to post again until I had a solution. Turns out when I received my machine back it wasn't my machine. I put my initials inside the case and they were not on the machine I received back. It also had a different serial number so it would stall right before carving a licenced carve that I purchased from carvewright. Sent it back for repair and they said it's my machine but they replaced the control module which changed the serial number. It looks like they sent me a refurbished unit and are now waiting on software to update the machine they sent me to my serial number. I may be wrong but this doesn't sound right to me. Would a control module need replaced for a door open error or chuck replacement? Here is the parts replaced on the service order, 1 sensor p, power pc, spindle, motor mount, electr. p, z-truck, micro sw, sensr ca. all that for a door open error? This has been going on since 1/3/10. still don't have it back. BEWARE
You are not the first to get the wrong CC machine back.
Several months ago, my machine was returned to a member in Northern Ohio. He knew right away that he had the wrong unit, as I had modified my cover to accommodate my CW-Vacuum Head project.

We, both had to return our incorrect units to Sear's and they then re-shopped my unit, at my request, to be sure my reported issue was corrected.
AskBud

PS: LHR has a record of the owner of each registered unit by SN.

TheWeeze
04-30-2010, 04:32 PM
I am battling with them as I write this. I call them 3 times a week trying to get my machine back. They said it is my machine and will send it out when serial number is corrected, but they do not have the rights to do so and are waiting to get the rights from carvewright. I have talked to every service manager and they are all saying it is mine. I have sent a letter to sears holding corporation but I doubt that will help either they don't seem to care about their customers very much. I will purchase from Carvewright for my next machine and will never purchase another item from sears if this is the way they treat their customers. Horrible customer service. If I give them the serial number will they tell me who it belongs to?

TheWeeze
04-30-2010, 05:43 PM
I am battling with them as I write this. I call them 3 times a week trying to get my machine back. They said it is my machine and will send it out when serial number is corrected, but they do not have the rights to do so and are waiting to get the rights from carvewright. I have talked to every service manager and they are all saying it is mine. I have sent a letter to sears holding corporation but I doubt that will help either they don't seem to care about their customers very much. I will purchase from Carvewright for my next machine and will never purchase another item from sears if this is the way they treat their customers. Horrible customer service. If I give them the serial number will they tell me who it belongs to?

Spoke with LHR they said the serial number that came back with the machine that is not mine was from a unit that has never been registered. Sounds to me like sears is either using refurbished/used parts to repair machines or swapped mine out with a different machine which I believe happened to mine.