PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Thing Happened

James RS
04-30-2010, 11:45 AM
I was about to do a test carve of some text,I tried a scrap piece of Ply that I carved on the other side of as a test. I got the Check sensor roller about 5 times, I came up and read the forum and was about to go try the masking tape and check the sandpaper belt for curl up
9 wasn't any by the way) I decided to change boards, went from a 1/2 to a 3/4 thick and away I went until I tried to select the option to Jog to position on the board. It prompted me for the 1/16" Carving bit, problem was I layed out the project for the 60 degree bit, well I re started the process and selected place on corner. No problem prompted for 60 bit, started the carve. Then part way into the carve it stopped as if the project was finished and a message displayed check motor with abort or continue. I continued without any further interruptions.
I never have had any of these symptoms before, could some of this be caused by cooler temps in a basement.

Thanks,
Jams RS

Icutone2
04-30-2010, 11:49 AM
The machine dose not like it below 60 Deg. so I have found.
Lee

liquidguitars
04-30-2010, 12:10 PM
Some ideas..

I am seeing some depth issues with the v bits..

1/2" thick stock is the min size so try a depth calibration..

"check motor" can be a RPM issue and if the flex shaft is cold and dirty the oil bogs it, so clean the flex shaft sleeve with solvent and re oil if you like. Your motor could also need new brushes..

What are you working on lately?

LG

RMarkey
04-30-2010, 02:36 PM
When you jog, it wants the 1/16" bit so it can point to the place you're jogging to.

Digitalwoodshop
04-30-2010, 02:43 PM
Is there a project on the back side of the board in designer using the 1/16 inch bit? Does it ask Back Side of Board?

What version of Designer are you using? 1.163 has some unusual problems.

AL

earlyrider
04-30-2010, 05:36 PM
1/2" plywood is actually a hair thinner, and the machine doesn't like anything less than 1/2" without a sled (at least mine doesn't).
That's good to know about the machine wanting the carving bit to point!
Ron