PDA

View Full Version : Sign and Rock Chuck

James RS
04-24-2010, 02:48 PM
I did a test cut of this sign I'm making for some friends with the Rock . I've had the Rock for awhile but didn't have a chance to use it yet, Well I'll tell ya " Thank You Ron! "
I used a piece of 1/2" plywood I had lying around, the sign is going on an outdoor bar in Florida
at a friends house.I carved this in normal mode also

mtylerfl
04-24-2010, 02:57 PM
I did a test cut of this sign I'm making for some friends with the Rock . I've had the Rock for awhile but didn't have a chance to use it yet, Well I'll tell ya " Thank You Ron! "
I used a piece of 1/2" plywood I had lying around, the sign is going on an outdoor bar in Florida
at a friends house.I carved this in normal mode also

Looking good, James!

rjustice
04-24-2010, 04:26 PM
Hi James,
Glad you are enjoying the Rock Chuck! If you ever have any questions feel free to contact me!

Happy Carving,

Ron

Ike
04-24-2010, 04:44 PM
Hi James,
Glad you are enjoying the Rock Chuck! If you ever have any questions feel free to contact me!

Happy Carving,

Ron

Ron these signs were all made with the Rock too and to boot the CW went through all the steps with out a hiccup! Yes I love the Rock, I use any bit and will soon try the bits I make! I am convinced I am having such success with my CW with close to 400 cutting hours is due to the Rock and proper maintenance!

Ike

rjustice
04-24-2010, 05:19 PM
Beautiful work Ike! I really like the way you finish your work out. You are extremely talented..

Thank you for sharing!

Ron

Ike
04-24-2010, 05:23 PM
Beautiful work Ike! I really like the way you finish your work out. You are extremely talented..

Thank you for sharing!

Ron

Thank you Ron as are you it takes talent to make a great replacement for the QC that has worked fantastic!

Thank you for looking out for us!

Ike

spalted
04-24-2010, 05:41 PM
Nice signs both of you.

I just checked my e-mail, my Rock Chuck shipped today. I can't wait to get it on and running. I ordered a couple Bits from Ron too.

CarverJerry
04-24-2010, 06:23 PM
I too love my Rock, and how it made my carvings better and is much easier on my CW. I thank you too Ron

CJ

rjustice
04-24-2010, 06:26 PM
Thanks guys!... I really appreciate the business you sent my way, and your kind words. If you ever need any help let me know!

Happy Carving,

Ron

henry1
04-24-2010, 08:02 PM
Thanks guys!... I really appreciate the business you sent my way, and your kind words. If you ever need any help let me know!

Happy Carving,

Ron

I too love my rock,, I should of done this a year ago and now the cw is selling them now lol

rjustice
04-25-2010, 10:09 AM
I too love my rock,, I should of done this a year ago and now the cw is selling them now lol

Henry, note that these are different chucks. They are not using the Rock Chuck.

Ron

Capt Bruce
04-25-2010, 10:56 AM
One more satisfied customer Ron per the e-mail and additional order to you this morning. The combination of less speed variation, less vibration/noise and great finish keeps me a sold ROC Chuck and cutter customer. Here's one fresh off the machine with no sandpaper finishing.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h32/ohneplo/IMG_0069.jpg

jpeter14
04-25-2010, 11:06 AM
I love my rock chuck also, it has improved the performance of my machine a lot.
I recommend it to everyone, know of three of those people that have ordered the rock also. Thanks Ron.

c6craig
04-25-2010, 11:44 AM
Holy Cow Capt. Bruce, that is one heck of a great looking sign. You sure caught on to this quick and have already passed up some of us (myself included :) )

How big is that sign?

Thanks,
Craig

Kenm810
04-25-2010, 11:57 AM
Capt. Bruce,

Great Looking Carving, Really a Nice Job
Thanks for Sharing your photo with us http://forum.carvewright.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

rjustice
04-25-2010, 01:17 PM
Captain Bruce.... all i can say is WOW... That is a beauty!

I appreciate you sharing your success, and support of the Rock Chuck System, and i really appreciate your repeat business!

Thanks to everyone else as well... I am glad the Rock Chuck has improved your experience with the CW machine...

Happy carving!

Ron

James RS
04-25-2010, 02:36 PM
That is spectacular

b.sumner47
04-25-2010, 02:44 PM
From one Capt to another, wonderful carving.The Rock has been great for me as well. Fair Tides,
Capt.Barry

TerryT
04-25-2010, 03:36 PM
Capt Bruce,
That is a very nicely done sign. Congratulations.

CarverJerry
04-25-2010, 04:20 PM
Nice job Capt Bruce. I used that same frame with the last supper and it came out really nice. I'll try and get a picture posted here. I used 2 different stains on select pine. Ya like?

CJ

TerryT
04-25-2010, 04:24 PM
Wow, that is NICE!

liquidguitars
04-25-2010, 05:57 PM
One more satisfied customer Ron per the e-mail and additional order to you this morning. The combination of less speed variation, less vibration/noise and great finish keeps me a sold ROC Chuck and cutter customer. Here's one fresh off the machine with no sandpaper finishing.

Thats kicks! realy nice Job!

LG

Capt Bruce
04-25-2010, 06:53 PM
Thank you one and all for your kind words and compliments on the East Otto plaque. I owe any success I'm having with the CarveWright to all of you in this Forum for sharing with this Newbie and being patient Mentors when I ask a question or seek a better way to do something the instructions don't cover.

We won't discuss the pile of fireplace kindling I've created along the way but at least it all gets recycled. About one in 10 just did not work out so far, but I guess I've been fortunate the machine and Designer.

Craig to your question, the plaque is 11 1/4 x 18 inches from 3/4" poplar. I had tried it in select pine but the letters just don't hold up and oak seemed too heavy for this one (not to mention freaking expensive through Home Depot).

Jerry, you did a great job on that scene in the pine cones frame. Very nice Sir.

Again my thanks to Ron for the ROC Chuck and the difference it has made for me and others. Happy carving All.

eelamb
04-25-2010, 07:42 PM
Bruce and Jerry your signs came out great. Bruce yes those here have helped us all in getting started. I am glad I did a lot of reading before jumping in and carving anything.

So I too, want to thank each of you for your help and contributions to we that are new to this.

mtylerfl
04-25-2010, 08:28 PM
Great job on the plaque! I really like the pine cone frame - wonderful pattern!

rjustice
04-25-2010, 08:56 PM
Nice job Capt Bruce. I used that same frame with the last supper and it came out really nice. I'll try and get a picture posted here. I used 2 different stains on select pine. Ya like?

CJ

Very nice Jerry!... Thanks for sharing!

Happy Carving,

Ron

spalted
04-26-2010, 06:16 AM

Really nice job on the sign Bruce.

That is exactly why I'm excited to get my Rock Chuck. I have what is considered a "good" QC, but my carve quality is not nearly that good.

I knew that LHR was releasing a new chuck, but the rock chuck is tried proven. I don't want to become an unofficial tester for the Carve-Tight.

DickB
04-26-2010, 08:08 AM
Where did you guys get the frame pattern?

spalted
04-26-2010, 08:14 AM

I think I saw it in the Pattern Depot, under frames or borders maybe. I don't have it but that is were I think I saw it.

Smoken D
04-26-2010, 08:55 AM
Just another praise for the Rock. First 80 hours on the CW was a complete disaster. Got a few projects completed and lost a lot of wood to others. The final 50-80 hours couldn't get any projects. Always quitting, tear outs, etc. etc. etc. Problem after problem. Gave up and tried to just sell the thing with no luck either. Finally got the Rock along with DC system. Well, now I have done another 80 hours since January and not one problem!:) You figure it out. Maybe the newbe, learning curve, whatever ya wanna call it. I'm doing the same thing as the first 80 hours and now have the second 80 hours with beautiful carvings and NOT one problem. I have ta VOTE for the ROCK!:-D
THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH RON FOR THE ROCK, OR MY CW WOULD HAVE EATEN A LOT OF LEAD FROM THE 12GA!!

rjustice
04-26-2010, 09:03 AM
Just another praise for the Rock. First 80 hours on the CW was a complete disaster. Got a few projects completed and lost a lot of wood to others. The final 50-80 hours couldn't get any projects. Always quitting, tear outs, etc. etc. etc. Problem after problem. Gave up and tried to just sell the thing with no luck either. Finally got the Rock along with DC system. Well, now I have done another 80 hours since January and not one problem!:) You figure it out. Maybe the newbe, learning curve, whatever ya wanna call it. I'm doing the same thing as the first 80 hours and now have the second 80 hours with beautiful carvings and NOT one problem. I have ta VOTE for the ROCK!:-D
THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH RON FOR THE ROCK, OR MY CW WOULD HAVE EATEN A LOT OF LEAD FROM THE 12GA!!

Smoken D,
Thanks for that testimonial... the last sentence gave me a good chuckle! :D

Happy Carving,

Ron

RayTrek
04-26-2010, 09:08 AM
Bruce,
Looking really good thanks for sharing,
Cheers ~ Ray

henry1
04-26-2010, 01:49 PM
Really nice job on the sign Bruce.

That is exactly why I'm excited to get my Rock Chuck. I have what is considered a "good" QC, but my carve quality is not nearly that good.

I knew that LHR was releasing a new chuck, but the rock chuck is tried proven. I don't want to become an unofficial tester for the Carve-Tight.
How much your wood thickness was, or how deep did you go for setup
or can you post your project as pattern:)

PCW
04-26-2010, 01:56 PM
I love all the signs almost as much as my Rock Chuck.:mrgreen:

Capt Bruce
04-28-2010, 12:08 PM

To your queston above DickB, it took me a while to track down where I got it. See the CarveWright Store at;

http://store.carvewright.com/product.php?productid=19554&cat=0&page=1

for the Pine Cone frame pattern. It really is one I'm glad to have.

The other question asked this week, my base depth for the carvings was set down to 0.55 in the .75 board thickness, with add-on elements running at 999 height and lettering at about 250 height. That seemed the only way to get some feeling of depth even if it made the back wall a bit thin for any clean up chisel cuts I might make later. Few if any needed on this one.

Again thank you all for the kind comments on the East Otto plaque but sorry I cannot post the MPC as it incorporates others' pattern work.