PDA

View Full Version : It's that time again Ver.1.163

PCW
04-23-2010, 09:21 PM
Ver.1.163 (http://www.carvewright.com/update?jmid=13527&j=246737526)

### (IV) Release Notes ############################

22 Apr 2010 -- Differences between versions 1.163 and 1.162
* Added new DXF Importer feature (additional license required)
* Added support for CarveTight spindle to firmware
* Added ability to adjust depth of tabs created with "Place Tabs" tool
* Added 1/16" straight bit to bit dialog, previously visible at times due to a bug
* Improved licensing to enable licensed patterns to be Outlined
* Improved Y/Z belt slip prompt to indicate axis
* Increase 1/8" cutting bit RPM to avoid "Check Cut Motor" warnings
* Fixed Pattern Editor crash in "Pattern Settings" dialog
* Fixed bug allowing bit to cut CO2 car jig on certain car designs
* Fixed bug causing machine menus to appear to lock up due to ToolTalker
* Fixed bug causing Cut Through Prompt settings to be corrupted on machine
* Fixed bugs causing arcs and splines to change when connecting vector paths
* Fixed bug where Make Pattern from Group creates an inverted pattern
* Fixed bug preventing carved regions from being Outlined

Edit: Problems reported with this version so I would hold off on downloading till LHR get's them sorted out.

SteveEJ
04-23-2010, 09:37 PM
Ok.. What about this?

"* Added support for CarveTight spindle to firmware"

Does someone have an explanation? Will this 'feature/support' have an adverse effect on Rock Users?

liquidguitars
04-23-2010, 10:21 PM
Ok.. What about this?

Does someone have an explanation? Will this 'feature/support' have an adverse effect on Rock Users?

Steve,

I been told no changes have been made that should effect the Rock..

LG

SteveEJ
04-23-2010, 10:29 PM
That's good news. All is working well and I don't want to change anything right now. I do wonder what would be there for the new chuck? How would it know?

Hummm....

liquidguitars
04-23-2010, 10:35 PM
That's good news. All is working well and I don't want to change anything right now. I do wonder what would be there for the new chuck? How would it know?

Hummm....

My guess is that due to the increased mass of the solid shaft some of the feed rates and RPM's have been changed so you would just select the chuck you own.
The FW will make a global adjustment carry through to all the bits in the list but i am just spit balling.. :)

LG

dbfletcher
04-23-2010, 10:43 PM
My guess is that due to the increased mass of the solid shaft some of the feed rates and RPM's have been changed so you would just select the chuck you own.
The FW will make a global adjustment carry through to all the bits in the list but i am just spit balling.. :)

LG

hmmm.. that's an interesting thought.. but wouldnt that mean there could be a potential side effect for other 3rd party chuck users. I don't even have a qc anymore.. but I was thinking the rock did have considerably more mass than the stock qc... or am i making that up?

Doug Fletcher

liquidguitars
04-23-2010, 10:48 PM
hmmm.. that's an interesting thought.. but wouldnt that mean there could be a potential side effect for other 3rd party chuck users. I don't even have a qc anymore.. but I was thinking the rock did have considerably more mass than the stock qc... or am i making that up?

Doug Fletcher

but wouldnt that mean there could be a potential side effect for other 3rd party chuck users.

I do not think so..

Also as a side result it could be better to use the new FW setting anyway as the Rock has a little more mass than the old QC..

LG

SteveEJ
04-23-2010, 10:55 PM
An official explanation of this feature/change in the firmware would be good. It would keep us from guessing..:confused:

liquidguitars
04-23-2010, 10:59 PM
An official explanation of this feature/change in the firmware would be good. It would keep us from guessing..:confused:

That would be nice but LHR keeps it's RPM stuff a little fuzzy to we end users.

If it seems better overall and we can tap into it that will be helpful to everybody.

LG

chkorte
04-25-2010, 10:23 PM
I just update my software from 1.153 to 1.163 and now none of my functions on the tool bar work except edge route. Anyone got a solution?

RMarkey
04-26-2010, 03:02 PM
Ok.. What about this?

No, it won't affect rock users. It expands the search range for bits when trying to touch the mechanical bit plate. This is needed for 1/16" cutting bits used with the CT.

SteveEJ
04-26-2010, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the info..:)