PDA

View Full Version : Attention All Carvewright And Compucarve Owners:

RobbMiller
04-22-2010, 09:10 PM
I received this today from Connie Ratisseau [cratisseau@lhrtech.com]

Is this a serious emaial from LHR or is it a phishing spoof? If it is legit, what is it all about?

ATTENTION ALL CARVEWRIGHT AND COMPUCARVE OWNERS:

We have some great and exciting news coming out soon!

We need your immediate assistance to prepare for this event.

Whether you are currently using your CarveWright/CompuCarve, haven’t used it in a long time or no longer own one…
EVERYONE WILL WANT TO HEAR THIS GREAT NEWS!

Please read carefully and reply to this email with your current status and desire to be on our CarveWright Mailing List:

1. I am a current CW/CC owner and already on the list.
2. I am a current CW/CC owner and want to be added to the list.
3. I am a current CW/CC owner and do not want to be on the list.
4. I am not using my CW/CC and I am already on the list.
5. I am not using my CW/CC and want to be added to the list.
6. I am not using my CW/CC and do not want to be added to the list.
7. I no longer have a CW/CC and I am already on the list.
8. I no longer have a CW/CC and want to be added to the list.
9. I no longer have a CW/CC and do not want to be added to the list.

Sincerely,
Connie Ratisseau
Marketing Manager

LHR Technologies (Makers of the CarveWright Woodworking System)
4930 Allen Genoa
Pasadena, TX 77504-3803

Recognition:
INC. Magazine's Inc. 500 List for 2008 "36th Fastest Growing Private Company in America"
INC. Magazine's Inc. 500 List for 2008 "#2 in Consumer Products"
Workbench Magazine’s “Top 10 Innovations for 2008”
About.com - Received 4 ˝ out of 5 stars
Wired Magazine “Holiday Gadgets & Gift Wish List for 2007”

As Seen On:
ABC's Extreme Makeover: Home Edition - Two Episodes!
DIY's Cool Tools
PBS's The American Woodshop with Scott Phillips - Two Episodes!

pkunk
04-22-2010, 09:13 PM
It's legit.:)

hogiewan
04-22-2010, 10:08 PM
confirmed legit:

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=15152

Nighthawk12
04-23-2010, 05:52 AM
The Forth Axis. :rolleyes:

jgowrie
04-23-2010, 06:55 AM
Got this today. I suppose if you receive the email in question you are already on the list ;) Did come off as a little "phishy" but I'm excited to hear the news. Maybe the new "QC" :)

CarverJerry
04-23-2010, 08:01 AM
Why don't they just make a spot here on the forum for the news if it's that imporant (or not) that way if you want it you know where it is and if you don't ya just don't go there. Just my 2 cents worth......

CJ

lynnfrwd
04-23-2010, 08:11 AM
Not all owners are on the newsletter mailing list and not all owners use the forum. Crazy huh?!

mtylerfl
04-23-2010, 08:35 AM
Not all owners are on the newsletter mailing list and not all owners use the forum. Crazy huh?!

Crazy is right!;) I speak to machine owners every week that either do not know about their resources available to them... or worse, they know about these resources but don't actually use them! Of course, I stongly encourage everyone to become proactive by signing up for the newsletter and becoming a Forum member so they can keep up with current events, software updates, as well as enjoy tapping into the collective knowledge of their fellow carvers!

lynnfrwd
04-23-2010, 09:58 AM
The "list" that you are asked if you want to be added to is the CarveWright Newsletter Mailing List, so if you already get it, you don't need to be added again.

Last one was March Tips & Tricks and announcing 1.162 release, before that was February.

Unless you "Unsubscribed" or NEVER received it, you do not need to be added again.

lynnfrwd
04-23-2010, 10:21 AM
Kids.....

No name calling Al!

Icutone2
04-23-2010, 10:33 AM
I have been a user seance 2007 and I have signed up more times than I can remember. Have never received an E-mail or a hard copy letter. I'll sign up again and see what happens.
Lee

lynnfrwd
04-23-2010, 11:05 AM
I have been a user seance 2007 and I have signed up more times than I can remember. Have never received an E-mail or a hard copy letter. I'll sign up again and see what happens.

Lee:

I found you email address in the UNSUBSCRIBE LIST dated 3/30/2009. Took you off and added you back to the Newsletter Mailing List.

EVERYONE...if you accidentally UNSUBSCRIBE (which I did myself testing a link) you must be manually removed from the UNSUBSCRIBED list. It doesn't matter how many times you re-subscribe to the list, you will stay on the UNSUBSCRIBE list until we physically delete or remove you from that list.

Send email to marketing@carvewright.com and include "Put me back on the list" in the subject field. Or go to Newsletters under the Community menu at www.carvewright.com (http://www.carvewright.com)

SteveEJ
04-23-2010, 01:17 PM
Done.. Thanks.

See, I wasn't crazy! Well, maybe not!!!;)

TerryT
04-23-2010, 01:32 PM
I am on the list and get the newsletter, but I didn't get the email everyone is talking about. Either I'm not patient enough or you missed some of us.

Icutone2
04-23-2010, 02:11 PM
I am in the same boat as Steve.
Lee