PDA

View Full Version : Email from cratisseauat at lhrtech.com

brdad
04-22-2010, 07:38 PM
I received this email today. It looks legitimate, but I always question emails asking for replies. It would nice to get verification from LHR this is a valid request. I won't reply until I am sure.

ATTENTION ALL CARVEWRIGHT AND COMPUCARVE OWNERS:

We have some great and exciting news coming out soon!

We need your immediate assistance to prepare for this event.

Whether you are currently using your CarveWright/CompuCarve, haven’t used it in a long time or no longer own one…

EVERYONE WILL WANT TO HEAR THIS GREAT NEWS!

Please read carefully and reply to this email with your current status and desire to be on our CarveWright Mailing List:

1. I am a current CW/CC owner and already on the list.

2. I am a current CW/CC owner and want to be added to the list.

3. I am a current CW/CC owner and do not want to be on the list.

4. I am not using my CW/CC and I am already on the list.

5. I am not using my CW/CC and want to be added to the list.

6. I am not using my CW/CC and do not want to be added to the list.

7. I no longer have a CW/CC and I am already on the list.

8. I no longer have a CW/CC and want to be added to the list.

9. I no longer have a CW/CC and do not want to be added to the list.

Sincerely,

Connie Ratisseau

Marketing Manager

LHR Technologies (Makers of the CarveWright Woodworking System)

4930 Allen Genoa

Pasadena, TX 77504-3803

Recognition:

INC. Magazine's Inc. 500 List for 2008 "36th Fastest Growing Private Company in America"

INC. Magazine's Inc. 500 List for 2008 "#2 in Consumer Products"

Workbench Magazine’s “Top 10 Innovations for 2008”

About.com - Received 4 ˝ out of 5 stars

Wired Magazine “Holiday Gadgets & Gift Wish List for 2007”

As Seen On:

ABC's Extreme Makeover: Home Edition - Two Episodes!

DIY's Cool Tools

PBS's The American Woodshop with Scott Phillips - Two Episodes!

PCW
04-22-2010, 07:44 PM
I received the email today as well from Connie Ratisseau at lhrtech.com.

lynnfrwd
04-22-2010, 07:51 PM
It is legit! Please reply!

PCW
04-22-2010, 07:54 PM

Thank You and I must say that it is nice to have a staff member being a regular contributor to the forum.

c6craig
04-22-2010, 08:01 PM
Odd...I own 3 machines and get all the other newsletters, POM communications, etc. but did not receive this email...and no it's not in my spam folder either ;)

Did it only go to a specific selection?

Craig

brdad
04-22-2010, 08:01 PM
Now.... Do we know that lynnfrwd is legit? :)

Ok, ok, I believe....

Thanks for the prompt reply.

fwharris
04-22-2010, 08:03 PM

Thanks ;)!!

PCW
04-22-2010, 08:04 PM
Odd...I own 3 machines and get all the other newsletters, POM communications, etc. but did not receive this email...and no it's not in my spam folder either ;)

Craig

Craig

I bet it comes soon because I just received mine 30 min. ago and my son got his 20 min. ago.

c6craig
04-22-2010, 08:06 PM
Craig

I bet it comes soon because I just received mine 30 min. ago and my son got his 20 min. ago.

Thanks Dan, maybe I'm just jumping the gun...I'll keep an eye out for it.

Craig

dbfletcher
04-22-2010, 08:07 PM
You would think they could have come up with a better way than a numbered list there though... I had to read it several times to figure out what she really wanted...

Doug Fletcher

lynnfrwd
04-22-2010, 08:12 PM
Craig...I guess u don't need to answer the email then!! ;)

c6craig
04-22-2010, 08:14 PM
Craig...I guess u don't need to answer the email then!! ;)

Well if I didn't get the email, who's to say I am going to get this wonderful announcement? ;)

Craig

lynnfrwd
04-22-2010, 08:20 PM
You said you had 3 machines and on the mailing list. I'd say you're a 1!

c6craig
04-22-2010, 08:22 PM
You said you had 3 machines and on the mailing list. I'd say you're a 1!

Yup, I just want to be one of the first to hear about what I believe to be the announcement of availability of the new super duper chuck/spindle....hand crafted by leprechauns utilizing state of the art laser beams :cool:

Craig

lynnfrwd
04-22-2010, 08:30 PM
Well I did have fish and chips tonight, but my lips are sealed!!

spalted
04-22-2010, 08:39 PM
Awwwww man............ I hate surprises.

A little hint among friends never hurt anything, did it?

dbfletcher
04-22-2010, 08:44 PM
My guess is it is that the machine parts listing in the store that was promised years ago is coming online.

Doug Fletcher

easybuilt
04-22-2010, 08:52 PM
Got my email and I replied! Nice to see I am on their list. With two machines now I can use all their support what ever the news is!!:)

Deolman
04-22-2010, 11:12 PM
What a teaser!!! I am hoping it comes before Tuesday evening. I will be out of internet reach for five days.

mark1945
04-23-2010, 08:19 AM
I did not get an email either. I have 3 machines and thought I was on the mailing list.I usually get info from time to time.

Smoken D
04-23-2010, 08:38 AM
As usual with computers I was not certain how to reply. So I just copy #1 pushed the reply button, then deleted the subject & pasted. Hoped that worked.:confused:
Thought they could have done a little better on instructions. IMHO
I'm just not puter literate:roll:

Ropdoc
04-23-2010, 08:54 AM
I still have not recieved my email. But I did take the reply address from this forum and send in my response. Hope that works?

Dave

SteveEJ
04-23-2010, 09:02 AM
It's funny but I have tried to get on the email list and have never received any emails or newsletters. I just tried again on the CarveWright site. Oh well.. Not wanted..

:=)

lynnfrwd
04-23-2010, 10:00 AM
The "list" that you are asked if you want to be added to is the CarveWright Newsletter Mailing List, so if you already get it, you don't need to be added again.

Last one was March Tips & Tricks and announcing 1.162 release, before that was February.

Unless you "Unsubscribed" or NEVER received it, you do not need to be added again.

SteveEJ
04-23-2010, 01:05 PM
I never get newsletters and like I said before I have subscribed to it several times, through the CW site. It is not in my spam box either. Could someone at LHR check it out please?

Thanks,

lynnfrwd
04-23-2010, 01:11 PM
Steve:

You accidentally unsubscribed in June of 2009. I went in and removed you, so you are back on it.

FYI EVERYONE:

The UNSUBSCRIBE LIST is like a final filter that all email addresses go through before a Newsletter is sent. So no matter how many time you or I add your email to the list, if you are still in the UNSUBSCRIBE LIST, then your email gets filtered out again.

FYI - there is no warning when you click on UNSUBSCRIBE saying "Are ya sure?!?" I know this, because I did it myself checking to make sure the link worked properly....IT DID!!!

hogiewan
04-23-2010, 01:59 PM
Steve:

You accidentally unsubscribed in June of 2009. I went in and removed you, so you are back on it.

FYI EVERYONE:

The UNSUBSCRIBE LIST is like a final filter that all email addresses go through before a Newsletter is sent. So no matter how many time you or I add your email to the list, if you are still in the UNSUBSCRIBE LIST, then your email gets filtered out again.

FYI - there is no warning when you click on UNSUBSCRIBE saying "Are ya sure?!?" I know this, because I did it myself checking to make sure the link worked properly....IT DID!!!

I saw this message on the other thread and you guys need to change that setup. If I unsubscribe, I should be taken off the send list and if I want to bee added later, I want to get the newsletter. I just signed up for the newsletter a couple weeks ago (if that) and this is the first email I've gotten since, so I may also be on the unsubscribe list.

SteveEJ
04-23-2010, 02:22 PM
Thanks! I'm sure there are quite a few that are like me.

Eagle Hollow
04-23-2010, 03:02 PM
I've subscribed several times. Never have gotten an Email...must have accidentally hit the "unsubscribe" button.:confused::confused::rolleyes: