PDA

View Full Version : bar sign

john B
10-17-2006, 04:50 PM
Hi folks thought i'd post somthing, as I haven't been active on the forums
this sign was just a test of photo mannipulation and testing lettering on a small scale. the wood is oak with an oil and wax finish.

BobHill
10-17-2006, 05:57 PM
Very nice, John. Would you like to let us have the Design.mpc file? Just asking.

Bob Hill
Tampa Florida

Aaron B
10-18-2006, 06:15 AM
That looks really nice. The lettering came out really well which kind of suprises me with how small/thin some of the areas look. I have had some lettering chip out when trying to make them stand out like that. Good job.

Jimmygee
10-23-2006, 12:49 PM
John,
Very nice. I also will ask for the mpc file if you still have it. If you don't mind. If not I understqand.

BobHill
10-23-2006, 12:55 PM
Aaron,

I've found that automobile Bondo works well for those missing chunks in lettering. It's quick drying, but does have a time for modifying and it's far better than wood filler, more shapable, can be carved with a knife and takes to fine sanding extremely well. When painted, you can't tell the difference.

Bob Hill
Tampa Florida

john B
10-27-2006, 07:02 PM
thank you for the comments on my work. i'm sorry I lost the file for the sign. still learning, the skull was a jpeg i found on the net and used for the plaque. the rest is from the library in the program.
I'm still learning corel draw so i can build more of the things i want.
if i can figure out how to get the file off the card I'll send it along.