PDA

View Full Version : y axis stall and not cutting correctly

Mike N
10-15-2006, 02:52 PM
I am trying to etch a slight cut using the carving bit on 2 boxes. So I don't need to measure them I can just use the band saw or scrool saw to cut them ( I don't have the cutting bit... being sent). But it went thru the first box sort of OK except the last corner it looked like it got confused (see attached) then it went on to the next box and did about 2 inches of it and gave me a Y Axis Stall.

please help
Mike N

Mike N
10-15-2006, 03:21 PM
I think I probally fixed my own problem. I noticed the bit was not rotating but the shaft was making noise as if it was. So I re-connected the shaft to the bit and it went OK from there. I still don't know if that had to do with the y axis error but probally the reason why it did not sqare the corner.

Mike N

Ron Smith
10-15-2006, 04:47 PM
Mike,

I had this happen to me also and it was caused by the flex shaft coming out of the router at the opposite end from the cutting head. I was informed there is supposed to be a small brass spacer at the cutter end of the shaft to prevent the flex-shaft from going too far into the cutter head. Mine was missing, so the shaft was pulling out of the router. I went to the hobby shop and got some square brass tubing and made me one. It only takes about 1/8th inch. I haven't had a problem since. You might want to check, just so the shaft doesn't come out too far again.

Ron

nicobie
10-17-2006, 08:05 PM
I have had this happen alot and it started up again today.

I must have 1/2" of spacers on the cable and it still won't work.

My machine has been back to TX a few times now and I'm unsure what to do. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Their phone was busy again.

Sorry for the rant . . .