PDA

View Full Version : Ok off topic, but I am a grandpa again!

Ike
04-19-2010, 10:17 PM
Early this morning around 3:15 am my oldest son's wife had their second daughter Kayleigh Irene! 8 pounds 15 oz 19 inches long!

Photo soon to follow! Wow I am old I sleep with a Grandma! 3 grandbabies now and I am not even 47 yet!

Ike

dbfletcher
04-19-2010, 10:20 PM
Early this morning around 3:15 am my oldest son's wife had their second daughter Kayleigh Irene! 8 pounds 15 oz 19 inches long!

Photo soon to follow! Wow I am old I sleep with a Grandma! 3 grandbabies now and I am not even 47 yet!

Ike

Congrats.. i hope everyone is doing well.

Doug Fletcher

Ike
04-19-2010, 10:24 PM
Congrats.. i hope everyone is doing well.

Doug Fletcher

Thank you Doug all tired, but doing good! I had to go home today after a soda event. But my wife was there during birth. I stayed with my other Grandbaby Lilly! We go for another soda event this weekend near my son so we will see the baby Thursday! I haven't seen her yet I can't wait!

Ike

will george
04-19-2010, 11:12 PM
Kayleigh

My youngest Chinese adoped grandaughter name is spelled as Cai Li... A name we saw fitting for her. Much alike but different spelling.. She is from Hunan china and a very spicey little lady. At least the women in China told us when we said she was from Hunan.

I have four daughters and four girl grandbabies (Not counting my two Chinese Chinese girls) .. The oldest girl is 22 years of age... I love women!

bjbethke
04-19-2010, 11:13 PM

Ike
Well lets see a wood carving in a depth of .8 She sure would stand out. That's great, How is Grand Ma doing???

I do not mean to put her under the scanner,,, just a photo I find the med photo work great???

fwharris
04-20-2010, 12:32 AM

Ike

Ike,
Congratulations on the new addition! I can see your grin from here!!

jpaluck
04-20-2010, 12:51 AM
Congrads Ike

LittleRedWoodshop
04-20-2010, 01:07 AM
time to start making some new signs

Deolman
04-20-2010, 01:57 AM
Congrats Ike. You're worried about sleeping with a grandma? Did you stop to think she's sleeping with a grandpa? (Heck, I sleep with a great-grandma!)

c6craig
04-20-2010, 02:13 AM
Congrats Ike!! My best to all. :cool:

Craig

ajk
04-20-2010, 05:00 AM
Congratulation Ike . You Are No Jet 47 Tha;s Good You Have The Energy To Do Things With Your Grandkids. I Have 3 Grandkids Also.
Hilda

Eagle Hollow
04-20-2010, 06:03 AM
Congratulations, Ike. Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your own children. We have 14 grandkids and three Great grandkids.

robbrigg2
04-20-2010, 07:55 AM
Congratulations! I know you must be proud as punch!

CarverJerry
04-20-2010, 07:57 AM
WTG Ike, congrats on the new family member. We just added a new grand daughter this past Dec, she was an early bird at 7 months, little less than 4 lbs but now is at around 10.5 and 20" long, she's doing fine now. Isn't it great being a grandpa who makes wood carvings?

Smoken D
04-20-2010, 08:05 AM
Congratulations Ike. Ain't it wonderful!! Waiting fer our first great-grandchild in a few months.:D

mtylerfl
04-20-2010, 08:16 AM
Congratulations Ike!

(...where's the photos?)

Router-Jim
04-20-2010, 08:40 AM
Congrats Ike!

Time to carve another branch on the family tree. :cool:

Jim

RayTrek
04-20-2010, 09:14 AM
Very cool Ike,
and congrats:D

b.sumner47
04-20-2010, 12:55 PM
Well done mike, congrats. Capt Barry. Your not pulling our leg, are you?

Ike
04-20-2010, 01:53 PM
Kayleigh

My youngest Chinese adoped grandaughter name is spelled as Cai Li... A name we saw fitting for her. Much alike but different spelling.. She is from Hunan china and a very spicey little lady. At least the women in China told us when we said she was from Hunan.

I have four daughters and four girl grandbabies (Not counting my two Chinese Chinese girls) .. The oldest girl is 22 years of age... I love women!

Thank you all! I am excited Mama is doing well and coming home today and I will see her Thursday. I had to get home Monday so I could get some signs made I have only 2 days and then to another soda event for a rodeo. The great thing is the event is near my kids. So I will get some photos as soon as I can!

Yes this is a different name it could also be Hawaiian, but they pronounce it Kay lee and Irene is after my wife middle name and her aunt.

Thanks again I never thought being a grandpa would be so cool and also sleeping with a grandma!

Ike

ChrisAlb
04-20-2010, 01:55 PM

Ike

Sounds like me Ike. I have two (Christopher 4) and (Samantha 2-1/2) and I just turned 47 in Feb...LOL

Congratulations sir and welcome to the "Young Grandfather Club" http://forum.carvewright.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

Ike
04-20-2010, 02:21 PM
Sounds like me Ike. I have two (Christopher 4) and (Samantha 2-1/2) and I just turned 47 in Feb...LOL

Congratulations sir and welcome to the "Young Grandfather Club" http://forum.carvewright.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

Thank Chris! Good to hear from you my not so old friend!

Ike

toocwhatisaw
04-20-2010, 08:01 PM
Congrats to the again new grampa!

Chief38
04-21-2010, 06:59 PM
Know how you feel, I was a young grand dad and now at 65 have 3 great-grand kids. My kids are keeping up the tradition of young families.

Herb

ps; My dad is still around to see his great-great-grandkids.

want2b
04-21-2010, 07:46 PM
Grandchildren are the blessing we get that gives us a chance to 'do it better the second time'. Enjoy every precious moment you get to spend with them, it passes so quickly. I tell my son often he won't get a "do over" !
Good luck & love them!
Rick H.

Ike
04-22-2010, 11:16 AM
Thank you all again I am excited today I meet my newest granddaughter! Yes i will take photos and will post!

Ike

Icutone2
04-22-2010, 01:37 PM
Congratulations Ike, soon you will have a softball team:)
Lee

rjustice
04-22-2010, 03:31 PM
Congrats Ike!... I hope everyone is doing well. Less than 3 months for a grandson for Lori and I. I can only imagine how much you are smiling! :D

Cant wait to see the pics!

Ron

leesheridan
04-22-2010, 03:40 PM
Congrats Ike
So get to carving. My grand kids have all seen products from my machines. Also Ike, I just want to say again, thanks for the pattern help you've given me in the past. I want to share some pics very soon.

PCW
04-22-2010, 07:31 PM
Congratulation's Ike and I can't wait to see the pictures.

Ike
04-24-2010, 03:19 PM
Here are the pictures are promised! Oh Oh !!! Another great thing, as I was going out the door my oldest granddaughter Lilly said," Bye Grandpa!" The first time she called me Grandpa she is now about 18 months old!

I included one of my grandson and of Lilly with her momma!

Ike

rjustice
04-24-2010, 04:22 PM
Here are the pictures are promised! Oh Oh !!! Another great thing, as I was going out the door my oldest granddaughter Lilly said," Bye Grandpa!" The first time she called me Grandpa she is now about 18 months old!

I included one of my grandson and of Lilly with her momma!

Ike

Beautiful family Ike... Thanks for sharing. Makes me even more anxious for mid July.. That's when my daughter is due...

Congrats again Grandpa!

Ron

Ike
04-24-2010, 04:49 PM
Beautiful family Ike... Thanks for sharing. Makes me even more anxious for mid July.. That's when my daughter is due...

Congrats again Grandpa!

Ron

Congrats to you Ron! First Grand child? You will love it if so! Like I said, My oldest called me Grandpa! I am working on moving closer 2 of my kids live with my parents better them then me! As it is we are 4 hours away and I want to be closer to help my folks and possibly buying a big enough house to have one live with us to help my Mom!

Thank you again isn't she a pretty girl? !

Ike

rjustice
04-24-2010, 06:13 PM
Congrats to you Ron! First Grand child? You will love it if so! Like I said, My oldest called me Grandpa! I am working on moving closer 2 of my kids live with my parents better them then me! As it is we are 4 hours away and I want to be closer to help my folks and possibly buying a big enough house to have one live with us to help my Mom!

Thank you again isn't she a pretty girl? !

Ike

Yep, she's a cutie!... Yes this will be the first for Lori and I. We had one daughter and luckily she is convinced that she wants a big family. At one time they were talking about 4 or 5 kids :) We wanted 2 or 3 but it wasnt meant to be for us. We are about 45 minutes from our kids, and look forward to seeing them often.

Have fun with your family Ike!

Ron

tagstudios
04-25-2010, 06:42 PM
Congradulations Ike........I've been a lot of things in my life....some good and some not..........But being PawPaw for my little angel is by far the BEST.........

Ike
04-26-2010, 08:29 PM
I am sad I had to come home! Today my grandson who is almost a year old called me "Grandpa"!!! My Dad is Paw Paw and Mom is Nana and the wife is Grandma!

Ron you are in for the best time of your life! I have 3 now and I think I am still young enough to enjoy them 46! I must admit all my grand babies have my heart, but my grandson has my heart the most! I know now favors, but he lights up when he I come into the room and gives me so much love!!

My oldest grand daughter is a moody little girl! She loves me some times!! The little one is only 7 days old and too soon to tell!

Ike

c6craig
04-26-2010, 10:12 PM
Hehe Ike it sounds like you had a great time! I'm glad you are enjoying all the little ones.

By the way, didn't you have a soda wagon event? How did you make out?

Craig

Ike
04-27-2010, 01:49 PM
Hehe Ike it sounds like you had a great time! I'm glad you are enjoying all the little ones.

By the way, didn't you have a soda wagon event? How did you make out?

Craig

Craig I did and yes we did have a Rodeo, it wasn't the greatest, but being close to home it worked out ok! Plus I didn't work either day!

Ike

rjustice
04-27-2010, 04:10 PM
I am sad I had to come home! Today my grandson who is almost a year old called me "Grandpa"!!! My Dad is Paw Paw and Mom is Nana and the wife is Grandma!

Ron you are in for the best time of your life! I have 3 now and I think I am still young enough to enjoy them 46! I must admit all my grand babies have my heart, but my grandson has my heart the most! I know now favors, but he lights up when he I come into the room and gives me so much love!!

My oldest grand daughter is a moody little girl! She loves me some times!! The little one is only 7 days old and too soon to tell!

Ike
I was able to get the nursery room built 2 weekends ago for the grandson that is on the way. I was able to get 2 coats of mud on the drywall over this last weekend. A light sanding, a skim, and another light sanding and we will be ready to paint. The excitement is rising.... My daughter is in the "this baby is comming" mode, and is already waiting to add the decorating touches to the room. I am excited about having a boy. Always wanted a little guy shadowing me, and asking the "whats that for" questions.. I love to teach and cant wait to get to that point. He's going to be an active little guy, my daughters stomach will get bumps moving in and out over an inch when he gets active. She just giggles, and her face glows! What a neat time in our lives!... Im gonna be a somewhat young grandpa too! I turned 47 sunday.

Take care!

Ron

www.go3d.us
04-27-2010, 04:37 PM
Congratulation Ike, cute baby too.
Baby's hand and foot impression carved with the CW would be a nice gift from grandpa?

HT

Ike
04-27-2010, 05:47 PM
I was able to get the nursery room built 2 weekends ago for the grandson that is on the way. I was able to get 2 coats of mud on the drywall over this last weekend. A light sanding, a skim, and another light sanding and we will be ready to paint. The excitement is rising.... My daughter is in the "this baby is comming" mode, and is already waiting to add the decorating touches to the room. I am excited about having a boy. Always wanted a little guy shadowing me, and asking the "whats that for" questions.. I love to teach and cant wait to get to that point. He's going to be an active little guy, my daughters stomach will get bumps moving in and out over an inch when he gets active. She just giggles, and her face glows! What a neat time in our lives!... Im gonna be a somewhat young grandpa too! I turned 47 sunday.

Take care!

Ron

You will love it Ron! I will be 47 in September! Happy Birthday this weekend! Thank you HT I need to get the foot prints of all my babies!

Ike