PDA

View Full Version : APPLE user with trouble

CSPURGEON
04-19-2010, 09:08 PM
Hey everyone I just purchased my first CW. I have been reading a lot here and appreciate the wealth of knowledge some of you have passed on. Well let me get to my issue: I have downloaded the CW Software, registered my machine to myself, and then it happend.... my Apple iMac will not "see" my memory card when plugged in. If anyone could help out it would be great!

Thanks
Chris

Kenm810
04-19-2010, 09:24 PM
Hi Chris,

Welcome to the CW Forum,

It's Happen to me,
plus several other folks on the forum have posted the same thing.
Some Computers don't recognize the Memory Card Read as a drive or storage unit and won't assign it a drive letter on number.
Check to see if the light on the memory card reader lights up when you plug it in,
if it does, try up loading a mpc file to see if the light starts flashing,
if it does you're good to go.

www.go3d.us
04-20-2010, 12:08 AM
The card reader only accessible inside the software when you upload your project. It does not show up as a removable storage if that is what you meant.
As Kenm810 was saying "if the light is on then you're good to go"

pkunk
04-20-2010, 09:28 AM
My iMac won't light up the card reader unless it's plugged into the iMac. A hub or the keyboard sockets don't have enough power.

CSPURGEON
04-20-2010, 08:26 PM
Well I was able to complete the job. I appreciate the information. I guess I should have read the manual/watched the help videos on some of the Carvewright sites before posting. I just freaked out because I had checked everywhere to double check and make sure it would work with a Mac. Well anyways thanks again for the help!

CHRIS