PDA

View Full Version : That Dang "close door"

Colleen_and_Mike
04-19-2010, 01:46 PM
I replaced the sensor and now I am still getting the message, am I going to have to take it apart again.......................yeh, I know the answer, but my frustration level is at an all time high as I cleaned and can't find my 'how to sheet' . Just venting and would love to know 'how to'.

Colleen

DocWheeler
04-19-2010, 02:58 PM
Colleen,

Four things that I remember causing that.
1) White plug (that you unplug to take the top off) not plugged in correctly (white wire toward cutmotor).
2) static charge
3) bad left switch (may just need cleaning/light sanding) [caused by using cover to stop machine]
4) loose left switch (move switch and tighten screws)

I hope that this helps.

jkbogi
04-19-2010, 03:02 PM
I bought a whole new lid from CW that came completely wired.l It works great now. While waiting delivery, I removed all screws from the top, lifted it enough to catch the edge of the door behind the rail that it rests against. That seemed to push the door into the sensor more securely and turned off the close lid warning.

Digitalwoodshop
04-19-2010, 07:19 PM
Something I have not posted in a while is that when ever you remove the whole top cover assembly. You must be very careful and support the clear cover while moving the whole assembly.

A Mechanical Stop was never designed into the clear cover and while moving it around and not supporting the clear cover. The weight of the clear cover is pushing against switches sometimes breaking the plastic that the switch screws are mounted in. Or it just pushes in the switch activator bending it....

Use Caution moving the cover assembly.

AL

dcalvin4
04-20-2010, 06:10 PM
any way to make a mechanical switch on the bottom [on metal frame] instead of on the top plastic cover..when cover is all the way down in place the switch is on
denny

Digitalwoodshop
04-20-2010, 06:32 PM
I think LHR missed the boat on using a mechanical switch on the left side cover switch. A better dust free version would be using a magnetic reed switch like they use on 99% of laser engravers for a cover switch.

The Right Side Cut Motor Cut Out Switch is necessary to use a mechanical switch due to the motor current.

AL