PDA

View Full Version : z axis stall error 313

flb98ram
04-17-2010, 09:47 PM
I just got the machine set up and it started carving . After carving out a 1 1/2" wide x 14.000" tall it stopped right in the middle of the cut. I don't know what to do now. I can't restart anything because as soon as i select the project then hit enter I get the message.

Please help
Thank You
Fred

Digitalwoodshop
04-17-2010, 10:12 PM
Welcome Fred,

Lots posted on this topic. Everything from sawdust getting in the Z Belt Cogs, dirty rails, out feed table not adjusted to the correct height and when the board hits the roller it jams.

Use the search with a " " like "Z Stall" or "Error 313"

Since you are new and this is your first post, it could be Pilot Error.

Find the Tips and Tricks and read everything. It will help.

Also look at my posts about the "New Z Bundle" and be sure you have the new 14 pin FSC Cable System. The OLD 18 pin FSC cables caused Z stalls.

Don't know where you got your machine. There are still some with the old 16 pin.

Good Luck,

AL

lostinthefrost
04-22-2010, 11:36 AM
Hey Al,

I was getting board sensor errors and just replaced the sensor. After that I was getting edge detection errors with that new sensor. I popped everything off the back of the ztruck to dry air it out like I have done before. Now I am getting a Error 313. Does that mean I have some issue with the ribbon cable now? I checked it to see if it was pinched, broken or any issues but dont see any

Digitalwoodshop
04-22-2010, 01:32 PM
Check all cables and connectors.

Does the Z Data read? 0000 or data when you move it.

Do you have the old 18 pin or new 14 pin FSC cable?

AL

lostinthefrost
04-22-2010, 01:35 PM
Al here is a video of what I am getting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhUAZ8gDIKg

lostinthefrost
04-22-2010, 01:40 PM
Here is a pic of the back of the board.

Digitalwoodshop
04-22-2010, 02:04 PM
Noticed in the video that the black cap was not on that Z FSC cable. When I ran my machine without it, the cable sagged and snagged and broke the lower conductor.

Inspect your FSC cable.... Look for damage. I also had the cable sag and when it jerked out of the Z Motor 14 pin jack, it did so at a angle and under power and smoked the servo motor. I had to replace the motor with another.

You could have a broken FSC Cable, Blown Servo, or Blown Servo Driver in the Computer.

Can you get the Z to read servo data on the options sensor data?

Nice Video.

AL

lostinthefrost
04-22-2010, 02:14 PM
I took the black cap off just for video and cleaning purposes. I have never run it with out it on this machine (#2, #1 is dead).

How can I check the readings?

Digitalwoodshop
04-22-2010, 02:46 PM
Options
Sensor Data
Scroll Down
Z Data
0000 until you manually move the Z.

AL

smooth4
04-22-2010, 09:29 PM
Al here is a video of what I am getting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhUAZ8gDIKg

Hello To All!
I am getting the same error 313. I have been on the phone with Support about problem. Today we have narrowed down to the power supply board or the X Termination Board or the Cut motor. But what we found so far. Pull your bottom panel off and check the two boards for burned resistors or burned spots. Take a look at mine and you will see what I mean. I have sent pictures to support, hope to hear form them soon.

Smooth4

lostinthefrost
04-22-2010, 10:33 PM
I will take a look at both tomorrow. I didnt always have this error. it just started with the board sensor. Then it got a bit nuts after that. I have the feeling it's my data ribbon. I may still have one on the old machine to take off.

Digitalwoodshop
04-23-2010, 10:29 AM
In my opinion..... The Glue on the Resistor was a NO NO... The Resistor in designed to resist the flow of electricity and dissipate it in the forum of HEAT. That is why there are bigger and smaller resistors. It is all about wattage and the ability to dissipate heat. Cover the Resistor in Glue or a nice Blanket and the heat will turn the blanket brown. Looks like they glued the C1 Cap and that is good. I would not have let the glue touch the cap leads as the conductivity of the glue if any can change the value of the capacitor.

I believe I read that Liquid Nail has some Conductivity. Not sure what glue or epoxy they are using.

SO the Resistor, C1 Cap and Q1 Transistor are the On off of the Cut Motor. So if the motor works, it is not a Z Problem.

Think you might have a FSC Cable problem....

AL

lostinthefrost
04-23-2010, 03:13 PM
Al,

I have a new update. I installed a new ribbon cable that I had on an old machine that I know was brand new before I put the old machine back in the box. I get the identical error. One thing I have not looked at is if I pinched a wire when I installed the new board sensor. Could one of those wires be giving me that error? Or is it something higher up on the truck towards the back?

Digitalwoodshop
04-23-2010, 04:40 PM
Yes, the board detector pinched wire can cause this. You can unplug the upper plug on the board detector and see if anything changes.

AL

lostinthefrost
04-25-2010, 05:09 PM
Here is my trial and error(s)
-installed new board sensor- no pinched cables too
-changed the ribbon cable with a brand new I had in stock- No change
-changed board on back of zpack that connects ribbon, z-motor and board sensor- No change
-opened z motor and changed cable that connected previous said board to z-motor itself- no change (thought I saw a loose wire in connector)

313 keeps popping up when everything is connected and the ztruck jumps slightly before error as shown in my youtube video.

Would there be any other issue with the z motor or should I call on monday and order a new motor assembly?

Digitalwoodshop
04-25-2010, 05:40 PM
Sounds like the Computer is Fried.

AL

lostinthefrost
04-25-2010, 05:45 PM
Is there anything else I can try? I am getting y sensor readings but nothing with the new board sensor. Is there any other areas I can trouble shoot for loose wires, bad sensors or anything else?

lostinthefrost
04-25-2010, 05:54 PM
WHOAHHH!! I have a bit of odd news for an update. I refuse to give up on the machine. I buttoned it up and was going to quit for the night. When I did it didnt throw a quick error and actually homed in and started to measure the board. The trouble is going back to the original issue now. It's only reading 1-2 inches of a 12" wide board (pine) no knots in the way, perfectly clear. It asks me to scale down.

Going back to it, I think it has something to do with the ribbon cable being pinched now. And the other I tried must have issues too since it did the same thing.

With this new/old issue now, does that mainly step from the cable? Or ........

Digitalwoodshop
04-25-2010, 06:13 PM
Board Sensor and Z Motor Problems have one thing in common. The FSC Cable.

Damaged cable.

AL

lostinthefrost
04-25-2010, 06:20 PM
DONE! I will be calling in tomorrow to order a new one. Too bad it's going to cost more for shipping than the cable

Thanks again for all of your help AL!!!!

Digitalwoodshop
04-25-2010, 08:45 PM
Just on the odd chance.... It could be possible that you have a old 18 pin Circuit board on either end of the new 14 pin FSC Cable....

Check the pictures against what you have installed. Should be all 14 pin parts with the new Z Bundle.

My pictures all say 16 pin...... They are 18 pin.... Been wrong about that for a very very long time....

AL