PDA

View Full Version : New To Forum

Glynn Carver
04-17-2010, 10:56 AM
When Creating A Project With Text, Can The Text Be Curved?
If So Can Someone Explain The Procedure To Me. Thanks G.C.

AskBud
04-17-2010, 12:27 PM
When Creating A Project With Text, Can The Text Be Curved?
If So Can Someone Explain The Procedure To Me. Thanks G.C.

Yes, text can be curved.
Since you are new to the forum, I presume that you may not have see or read many tutorials as yet.

In my signature area, below, is a "Download" section. It contains may AVI lessons, and links to lots of valuable sites as well.
You will find a tutorial, there, titled "Text Tool" that will help you with your question.

Enjoy the lessons and your machine.
AskBud

Glynn Carver
04-21-2010, 04:53 PM
Thanks ! The info was very helpful, but after learning that it created another problem. I am trying to create a Plaque with text between two circular ropes the space between the two ropes is 1in" when I create my text, I scale it to 3/4in" wile it is horizontal, then when I curve it and place it on the board between the two ropes it expands back out to 1 1/8in" and interfears with the ropes. Is there a solution to this problem? Any help is appreciated thanks G.C.: confused:

Glynn Carver
04-21-2010, 05:05 PM
Thanks! The info was very helpful but it led to another problem. I am trying to create A plaque with text between two circular ropes the space between the two ropes is 1in", when I create the text I scale it to 3/4in" wile it is steal horizontal, then when I curve the text and place it on the board between the two ropes it expands back to 1 8/8in", interfearing with the two ropes. Is there A solution to this problem? Any help is appreciated.

Router-Jim
04-21-2010, 05:33 PM
It's hard to visualize what you are trying to do.

If you are trying to make text that curves (if you are referring to an arc), then when you type your text set the arc while still in the text window. You will get a preview and you also have the option to edit the text when it's placed on the board.

Once on the board, do not stretch the text to size but rather set the size in the top toolbar.

If you want to angle the text do that on the tool bar also. Remember that on the toolbar there is an edit tab that let's you undo any change that you don't like.

Welcome to the forum BTW.

Jim

lynnfrwd
04-22-2010, 10:09 AM
If your arc is not exact when you place it on the board, go back into the text tool (by double clicking on the text) and make adjustment there; not by stretching the text.

AskBud
04-22-2010, 12:05 PM
Here is an 16.1 MB AVI lesson on "Text Arcing" that may help you better understand the concept.
AskBud
http://www2.wcoil.com/~nharbison/CW-Text%20Arcing.zip