PDA

View Full Version : Drawing a trapizoid

shotgun 6
04-16-2010, 07:04 PM
I've looked all over the forum, AskBud and Carvewright trying to figure out how to draw a trapizoid. I've drawn 2" X 28" horizontal rectangle, then a 2" X 2" square and placed it on one end of the long rectange, then used the line tool to give me the miter. I mirrowed that to the other end of the rectangle. How do you get rid of the rectangular and square parts to result in a trapizoid. I'm trying to learn how to make picture frames and have watched AskBud's video on frames several times and think I've got the hang of it -- problem is his video starts with the trapizoids.

Thanks for any help,

Bill

Kenm810
04-16-2010, 07:41 PM
Hi Bill,

Is this what your trying to make?
I often use the Grid option in such Drawings

shotgun 6
04-16-2010, 08:40 PM
Hi Ken -- yes, thats exactly what I'v been trying to figure out how to do. How ti do you get rid of the excess at the miter?

Bill

shotgun 6
04-16-2010, 08:48 PM
Ken, I should have asked how to get rid of the trianle formed when the 45 degree lined was applied? Thanks for your response and great help.

Bill

Kenm810
04-16-2010, 09:14 PM
No Triangles were needed :wink:
The two short Vector lines were set at 45 Degrees when I drew them,
the Rectangle was only use as a size guide, no part of it was actually use to make the Trapezoid.
When the four Vector lines are drawn and attached at the Trapezoids corners, everything else is deleted.

Also if you want you can draw a Trapezoid in any Graphics Program,
then import it into Designer to make a reusable and resizeable ptn Pattern

eelamb
04-16-2010, 09:26 PM
Shotgun 6, there is a great PDF in the tips&tricks section on how to make the trapezoid in picture frames.

http://www.carvewright.com/downloads/tips/CarveWrightTips&Tricks_Feb09.pdf

shotgun 6
04-16-2010, 09:31 PM
Thanks Ken -- I'm a slow learner but I've got it now thanks to you -- Thank goodness for the Forum and all good you guys do -- you'll never know. Thanks again,

Bill