PDA

View Full Version : Need pattern

Ike
04-14-2010, 09:49 PM
I need a couple mule patterns, I did do a search, but did not care for the ptn./mpc. I found. If anybody has a standing mule and a head I would appreciate it! The end of May I am going to a event called Mule days with my sign shop. So I bet I will be doing some signs with mules!

Ike

c6craig
04-14-2010, 09:59 PM
Sorry Ike,

I just looked and don't have any donkey or mule patterns.

Good luck at the event though, I hope you sell lots of signs!

Craig

Ike
04-14-2010, 10:01 PM
Sorry Ike,

I just looked and don't have any donkey or mule patterns.

Good luck at the event though, I hope you sell lots of signs!

Craig

Thanks for looking! I hope somebody has one to share!

Ike

Ike
04-14-2010, 10:10 PM
Searched again and it seems a mule has been requested before to no avail! A donkey,but no mule! Yes there is a difference a mule is a horse breaded with a donkey.

I will continue to look!

Ike

AskBud
04-14-2010, 10:11 PM
I have a burro in the store.
AskBud
http://store.carvewright.com/search.php?mode=search&page=1

Ike
04-14-2010, 10:17 PM
I have a burro in the store.
AskBud
http://store.carvewright.com/search.php?mode=search&page=1

Thanks Bud, but a burro is Spanish for a small donkey. This is a mule event and they will want a mule and will know the difference. Thank you again.

Ike

jpaluck
04-14-2010, 10:52 PM
Ike you got a pic or two?

Ike
04-14-2010, 10:54 PM
John, no I have not looked yet, but I will!

Ike

Ike
04-14-2010, 11:10 PM
Here is what I found I hope they will work?

Ike

earlyrider
04-14-2010, 11:21 PM
So, is a burrito a foal of a small donkey?
When I was taking my Vertebrate Paleontology classes, the prof had a lecture entitled "Horses, Asses, and Half Asses". Hopefully he was not referring to his students!;)
Ron

Ike
04-14-2010, 11:31 PM
When I was taking my Vertebrate Paleontology classes, the prof had a lecture entitled "Horses, Asses, and Half Asses". Hopefully he was not referring to his students!;)
Ron

Ron no a burrito is a delicious Mexican dish made with beans, chicken, beef etc.!! Lol sorry I had to do that!

But Burro is Spanish for a small donkey, especially one used as a pack animal.

A mule is the sterile hybrid offspring of a male donkey and a female horse, characterized by long ears and a short mane.

Just another thing a sign maker needs to know when you go to special events! Now sheep and goats are another subject!

Ike

dbfletcher
04-14-2010, 11:36 PM
Ron no a burrito is a delicious Mexican dish made with beans, chicken, beef etc.!! Lol sorry I had to do that!

But Burro is Spanish for a small donkey, especially one used as a pack animal.

A mule is the sterile hybrid offspring of a male donkey and a female horse, characterized by long ears and a short mane.

Just another thing a sign maker needs to know when you go to special events! Now sheep and goats are another subject!

Ike

And dont forget that whole lamma/alpaca conversation not to long ago... heck.. even the cactus tree one was interesting. I learn so muchrom this forum and a good bit has nothing todo with wood or carving!

Doug Fletcher

c6craig
04-14-2010, 11:45 PM
And dont forget that whole lamma/alpaca conversation not to long ago... heck.. even the cactus tree one was interesting. I learn so muchrom this forum and a good bit has nothing todo with wood or carving!

Doug Fletcher

Tell me about it! I don't know a burro from a churro but these posts sure do get informative sometimes :)

Craig

Ike
04-14-2010, 11:52 PM
Tell me about it! I don't know a burro from a churro but these posts sure do get informative sometimes :)

Craig

Yep and a burrito! Doug it does have to do with carving! Having the correct pattern customers get really ticked off if you show a Dorset sheep and they want Suffolks!

John how about these photos, I will also try to clean them up in Corel.

Ike

c6craig
04-14-2010, 11:57 PM
You're right Ike! I imagine it's like showing a woodworker a chisel and a pocketknife and trying to tell them it's the same thing...people know what they want.

Those are some good pics, I hope someone can help you out with a great pattern.

Craig

earlyrider
04-15-2010, 12:00 AM
This makes me think that the Institute of Bos-Scatology needs to be established, with various honorary(?) degrees, and a graduation plaque designed & produced with our favorite toy!
As for small horse relatives, a friend found an absolutely beautiful (complete) skeleton of Hyracotherium (Eohippus) in his Green River Eocene fossil fish quarry. We are making reproductions of it for him. Yes, I'm planning to scan in a cast and see how it would look in maple. Maybe a photo shortly.
Not quite a burrito, but a really neat 'happy meal'.
Ron

Ike
04-15-2010, 12:12 AM
This makes me think that the Institute of Bos-Scatology needs to be established, with various honorary(?) degrees, and a graduation plaque designed & produced with our favorite toy!
As for small horse relatives, a friend found an absolutely beautiful (complete) skeleton of Hyracotherium (Eohippus) in his Green River Eocene fossil fish quarry. We are making reproductions of it for him. Yes, I'm planning to scan in a cast and see how it would look in maple. Maybe a photo shortly.
Not quite a burrito, but a really neat 'happy meal'.
Ron

Sounds very cool Ron and sorry I had to give you a bad time!!

Ike

Ike
04-15-2010, 12:18 AM
John how about these changes?

Ike

Hey I passed 2000 post!

jpaluck
04-15-2010, 12:23 AM
ike here is a down and dirty quick one..will it work?

Ike
04-15-2010, 12:34 AM
ike here is a down and dirty quick one..will it work?

Thank you John! I don't need one until the end of May, I like that one, but the mane is missing. I know customers will notice and only 2 legs. Please don't take me the wrong way I really do appreciate the pattern. I am not trying to be picky! I just know how animal people are! I am willing to pay you if you don't mind making a more detailed pattern! All it has to be is a mule and /or mule head.

Ike

Eagle Hollow
04-15-2010, 07:37 AM
Ron[/QUOTE]

Sounds more like a lecture on politicians!

jpaluck
04-15-2010, 08:34 AM
Ike here ya go..again a very quick one tail mane legs added

earlyrider
04-15-2010, 09:17 AM
Jerry, thats an unkind thing to say about horses and their relatives!;)
Ron

Eagle Hollow
04-15-2010, 10:57 AM
Jerry, thats an unkind thing to say about horses and their relatives!;)
Ron

Amen and amen

www.go3d.us
04-15-2010, 01:50 PM
How about this? http://www.go3d.us/store/product_info.php?products_id=348
I can remove the wagon leave you just the mule.
Thanks
HT

chebytrk
04-15-2010, 02:36 PM
How's This one?

Ike
04-15-2010, 05:34 PM
Ike here ya go..again a very quick one tail mane legs added

Thank you John I will see what they think! Ht I really need a profile or a head profile.

Thank you Jerry I will save your pattern too.

Ike

Ike
04-20-2010, 02:44 PM
John I sent a e-mail to you with some vector AI files. Plus here are some in PNG format. Thanks again I forgot I had these I looked for mules and then I searched in farm animals and found them!

Ike

James RS
04-20-2010, 03:31 PM
Ike here's my meager attempt at the Mule head

Ike
04-20-2010, 04:24 PM
Ike here's my meager attempt at the Mule head

Thank you James! I too have Corel, but John has Z brush and can make it a true 2.5-3D. Corel is limited sometimes I can get 2.5 D!

Again thank you!

Ike

James RS
04-20-2010, 05:20 PM
Ike I used RhinoArt then exported to and Stl into CW

Ike
04-20-2010, 06:08 PM
Ike I used RhinoArt then exported to and Stl into CW

I have not bought the stl software yet. If I ever use my 3 year old brand new never used K2 CNC I can use my V Carve Pro and Photo V Carve and maybe get Aspire. Or maybe I will sell it one day? $4000.00 and never used!

Here is my attempt with Corel with the mules.

Ike

www.go3d.us
04-20-2010, 07:21 PM
Ike, How about these? http://www.go3d.us/store/product_info.php?products_id=379
and
http://www.go3d.us/store/product_info.php?products_id=380

Ike
04-20-2010, 08:24 PM
Ike, How about these? http://www.go3d.us/store/product_info.php?products_id=379
and
http://www.go3d.us/store/product_info.php?products_id=380

Thanks HT! I bought both! You are a great guy and have come through for me more then once! John I still want your patterns too! Now I am set for Mule Days!

Ike

fwharris
04-20-2010, 10:31 PM
Ron

Heaw, heaw, heaw always says that....:p;)

Ike
04-20-2010, 10:33 PM
Heaw, heaw, heaw always says that....:p;)

And an asset (*** set) is a baby donkey!

Ike

www.go3d.us
04-20-2010, 11:52 PM
Thanks HT! I bought both! You are a great guy and have come through for me more then once! John I still want your patterns too! Now I am set for Mule Days!

Ike

Thanks Ike, your support is greatly appreciated.
HT