PDA

View Full Version : Machine starts running when it is turned on

pbethard
04-13-2010, 02:33 PM
Does anybody know what is wrong when my machine starts running when it is turned on, even when ther is no card in it. When I put the card in it keeps telling me to install the bit over and over. Can anyone help me?

dbfletcher
04-13-2010, 02:37 PM
Does anybody know what is wrong when my machine starts running when it is turned on, even when ther is no card in it. When I put the card in it keeps telling me to install the bit over and over. Can anyone help me?

wow.. i dont know how it could be doing anything with out a card... it really should be "brian dead" at that point. The firmware that controls the computer inside the CW is stored on the card. In any event.. i think a call to LHR is your best bet.

Doug Fletcher

c6craig
04-13-2010, 02:40 PM
Doug is right, I wouldn't touch that machine until you talk to LHR. Maybe a short or something. I don't even think it could be a controller issue if there is no card in...

Craig

Digitalwoodshop
04-13-2010, 03:23 PM
AL to the Rescue.... Your C1 Capacitor on the X Termination Board has snapped off one end due to the QC Vibration.

For the users that are Gloating about bypassing the cover switches.... This C1 Snapping OFF does not warn you.... It just makes Hamburger out of your fingers as you change the bit with the project stopped......

The Cut Motor is Turned On with the Q1 Transistor, it's a Electronic Switch.... Computer controlled....

The Broken C1 changes the Bias on the Transistor and makes it turn on EVEN WITH NO CARD IN THE MACHINE as seen by the user here.

The Right Side Cover Switch is in the return path and if this user opens the cover the motor will stop.... Close the cover and the cut motor May or MAY NOT start again.... Open and close it twice and it could start again....

SO Check the C1 CAP.....

Call LHR for a new X Termination Board if you are in Warranty.

Out of Warranty Buy a Board from LHR.

Out of Warranty Call a TV Repair Shop to replace it...

.1 MF 400 volts MLR104K400

With Caps you can use a Cap the same value as in Micro Farads but a higher working voltage. But never less in Voltage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farad

AL