PDA

View Full Version : software measurement vs actual output

Mike N
10-07-2006, 08:11 PM
In the software I have a box I want to cut out 16.35x7.55. But when I do the actual cut on the machine it comes out 16.09x7.28. ( I measured it on the macine) Which is about .26 or .27 difference. I'm thinking that I should have accommodated for the 1/8 cutting bit. Is that true? Why am I off?

thanks
Mike

Mike N
10-07-2006, 09:18 PM
I think I awnsered my own question. I think it has to do with "Flip Cutout". But how do you tell if the cutout is in or out?

BobHill
10-07-2006, 10:38 PM
Mike,
If you think of the cut or carving (path outlining the object) as a loop, I believe you can think of it as inside or outside in that fashion.

Bob

Mike N
10-07-2006, 10:58 PM
But how can you figure if it is "inside" or "outside" in the software. As a test I copied the exact box, so I have the exact image side by side except on one I have the "flip cutout" in and the other out. I cannot find a way to see anything on the screen that tells me one is different from the other. I would of hoped that the little icon would have changed but it didn't.

BobHill
10-08-2006, 08:41 AM
Mike,
Put the two boxes close together and zoom in on them so you can see both. IIt should be obvious which is cut inside and which is outside. Or use Hide Cutout and you'll really see which is which.

Bob

Mike N
10-08-2006, 04:19 PM
Bob, thanks for the idea but I have built 3 projects with a total of 18 boxes and doing that is too long. I would like to see an enhancement that flags the box and shows on the screen if the cutout is in or out. Or a different icon that shows.

and back to my broken bit... it was a CW bit.

Mike

BobHill
10-08-2006, 06:41 PM
Mike,

The 1/16" straight bit was frow CW?

Not a bad idea to have a better identifcation on where the bit will cut according to the vector path, that's for sure and have it match, of course the size of the bit in ratio to the view.

Bob