PDA

View Full Version : Sram 1 1

lobo6935
04-11-2010, 06:39 PM
My carvewright is displaying <SRAM 1 1> when I power up. I get no responce from any key. I reformated the card and still get the same error. what gives. my machine ram fine wqhen the card had the 1.133 firmware.

fwharris
04-11-2010, 06:47 PM
My carvewright is displaying <SRAM 1 1> when I power up. I get no responce from any key. I reformated the card and still get the same error. what gives. my machine ram fine wqhen the card had the 1.133 firmware.

I just did a quick search for "sram" and came up with werveral post/topics on this. Looks like the controller might be bad..

Do the search and read up.. Looks like a call to LHR on Monday might be in order...

Digitalwoodshop
04-11-2010, 06:57 PM
1.133 might be a issue too....

I am thinking you need to load 1.153 and try again after a reformat.

Remember the operating system is contained on the card so a Scram Error on this system would point to a card problem first.

Plugging in or unplugging the card while the machine is running will give you lots of errors... ONLY plug or Unplug the card while the power is OFF.

Could be a bad card or a bent pin on the computer.

AL

lobo6935
04-11-2010, 11:01 PM
Thanks for the information. I updated the firmware with 1.162 and still have the same problem. I have always made a point to remove or insert the card with the machine off. I checked inside the card slot with a light to see if any pins were bent or dust. It doesn't appear to be a physical problem. I have only used the machine for about 8 hours of carving. I do not get a chance to use it much, I work 12 hours a day on night shift so my projects just sit idle until all my chores get done. I will call LHR tomorrow and see what they recomend. It will suck if I have to by a new board for my CW with so few hours on it. I am a CNC machinist and if any of the machines I use died after only 8 hours of use that thing would have been out of my shop in a heartbeat. Since I spent quite a chunk of cash on this thing I would hope I can get some help with this issue.

Again, thank you for the information.

Craig