PDA

View Full Version : 1/16" Straight bit under "Select Bit" tool.

JLT
04-10-2010, 09:09 PM
In the event that someone else is, or will be, struggling with the same issue...

Ran into a Designer quirk (both in 1.153 and 1.162) whereby I was unable to highlight a vector, followed by "Select Bit", and apply the 1/16" Straight bit, as the bit did not appear in the list.

After much fumbling around, it just so happened I also had a drill operation as part of the MPC (see attached). Only after the following roundabout sequence does the 1/16" Straight bit appear in the "Select Bit" list, allowing it to be applied to a vector:

* Double click on the drill hole, bringing up the "Drill Tool" dialog. At this point, select the 1/16" bit, and click "OK".

* Select the drill hole, and make another copy of it (ie, copy and paste via Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V).

* Only now, when highlighting the vector followed by "Select Bit", does the 1/16" Straight bit appear.

AskBud
04-10-2010, 09:58 PM
In the event that someone else is, or will be, struggling with the same issue...

Ran into a Designer quirk (both in 1.153 and 1.162) whereby I was unable to highlight a vector, followed by "Select Bit", and apply the 1/16" Straight bit, as the bit did not appear in the list.

After much fumbling around, it just so happened I also had a drill operation as part of the MPC (see attached). Only after the following roundabout sequence does the 1/16" Straight bit appear in the "Select Bit" list, allowing it to be applied to a vector:

* Double click on the drill hole, bringing up the "Drill Tool" dialog. At this point, select the 1/16" bit, and click "OK".

* Select the drill hole, and make another copy of it (ie, copy and paste via Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V).

* Only now, when highlighting the vector followed by "Select Bit", does the 1/16" Straight bit appear.
What JLT is saying is that when you draw a Vector line and attempt to select/apply the 1/16" straight bit, it is not on the list.

However, if you then make a Drill hole and apply the 1/16" straight bit, copy that hole and Paste it on the board, you will now be able to see the 1/16" straight bit on the Bit Selection list for the Vector.
This is one to pass to the Software Folks.
AskBud