PDA

View Full Version : Export to JPG or BMP

Mike N
10-07-2006, 02:29 PM
If I want to send a customer an example of how the output might look like is there a way in the software that I can export the image that I designed to a JPG or BMP before I actually cut it out?

thanks
Mike N

shaddy
10-07-2006, 02:53 PM
If I want to send a customer an example of how the output might look like is there a way in the software that I can export the image that I designed to a JPG or BMP before I actually cut it out?

Not sure about exporting, but you can screen print. Make the image as large as you can and still see all of the image. Then press "Print Screen" on the keyboard (some keyboards you have to use a function key of some sort along with the PrintScreen key)(Or ALT-PrintScreen to only copy an individual window). What that does is puts the entire screen into the clipboard. Then you open your favorite image editing program and you Paste it in, then crop out everying you don't want.

Shaddy

BobHill
10-07-2006, 02:59 PM
Or better yet, if you have a utility program such as "SnagIt" you can isolate the area of the screen including video and animation segments of the Internet with it's screen capture. http://www.techsmith.com/snagit.asp?CMP=KgoogleStm

Otherwise, as Shaddy said, Alt PrintScreen is the way to go.

Bob

Mike N
10-07-2006, 04:00 PM
Wouldn't that be a good suggestion for an enhancement? Who you guys use it?

Randy in Minn
10-07-2006, 07:34 PM
Thanks for asking Mike! I was just logging in to ask the exact same thing! Yes the ability to save as a JPG file format would be a nice addition.

BobHill
10-07-2006, 10:20 PM
All you have to do if you wish a Screen Capture (ALT PRINT SCREEN) to become a JPG is to open your PhotoShop or PhotosShop Elements and FILE, NEW and automatically it'll set the size of the "new" blank image to the size of the image you just did the Print Screen of and then just Control V (Paste) and that image will appear and take up all that Window. Now just File, Save As, and choose JPG (JPEG) format extension.

Print Screen is nothing but a "Copy" and in the old days of Windows was automatically put in your Clip Board (and could be saved in Clip Board Viewer, which no longer exists) until it's removed when you do another Print Screen or Copy (Control C) of something else.

Bob

Aaron B
10-09-2006, 09:24 AM
I just use a program called PrintKey 2000 and just save it as a jpeg or gif and send it.

Greybeard
10-09-2006, 02:13 PM
Minor point Bob - clipboard viewer is still there in xp, but you seem to only be able to save as .clp, a fairly useless extention except for opening later or copying later into the clipboard again.
This in turn allowing you to paste it to another programme. Like I said, fairly pointless. :?

John

BobHill
10-09-2006, 02:39 PM
Hi John, where are you finding Clipboard Viewer? It used to be in Accessories/System Tools, but I don't find it in my XP. And I used to use that to make .clp files for later use when I wished to Save a Copy of something but didn't wish to put it into some forgotten document somewhere. I know that you CAN bring it into XP from any previous version of Windows (like Win95 or even 3.1) as I have with my old CardFile.exe utility program (I still find that an easy way to store rolladex type files.

Bob

Greybeard
10-09-2006, 03:06 PM
I've just looked for it, and it's in folder 'windows/system32/clipbrd.exe'
The date on mine seems to coincide with the date I set this system up, so I presume it was there. however, this is a Toshiba oem disk I have, rather than ms's own disk.

If your system is based on your own ms disk, that may be the difference, and I'll see if I can find out if that is how I come to have it.

John

edit I've just thought that I may have downloaded it from MS own site, but that's only a vague notion.

RobertP
10-09-2006, 05:31 PM
I just hit the print screen/sysRq button on the keyboard and open Corel or MS Paint and hit paste, works like a charm.

BobHill
10-09-2006, 05:36 PM
Robert, of course, but that's not the old ClipBoard Viewer and you can't assign the .clp extension from any of those, that's making another file only to be put somewhere. The old ClipBoard viewer would Save a Copy/ScreenPrint as a .clp in it's own folder to be just called upon when you opened Clip Board Viewer and Open, then it was once again the prominent item to Paste where ever you wished it to go, just like now when you Copy/Paste something.
Bob

RobertP
10-09-2006, 05:43 PM
Ahh, ok I see...

Greybeard
10-10-2006, 03:29 AM
Bob, I just send a request to the PCA forum, and got the following back.
I think you'll have to print it out and read it to make sense of it. :)

John

"Q. Where did the Clipboard Viewer go in Windows XP?

A. Windows XP. To install the ClipBoard Viewer (now called the ClipBook Viewer) right-click Start, select Properties, select Classic Start Menu, Customize, Add, Browse, C: drive, expand the tree by clicking the plus signs to Windows, System32, select clipbrd (or clipbrd.exe, depending on your folder View settings), OK, Next >, select Accessories (or wherever you want it), Next >, enter ClipBook Viewer in the text box below where it says Type a name for this shortcut, Finish, select your choice of Start Menu for XP or Classic Start Menu, which is probably faster, OK. If you want to locate the ClipBook Viewer in its customary place, click Start, All Programs, Accessories, (or Start, Programs, Accessories in the Classic View), click the ClipBook Viewer icon and hold the left mouse button while dragging it to System Tools, and release the mouse button to drop it in the desired location."

BobHill
10-10-2006, 08:51 AM
Actually, John, I do understand that path very well, although I'm not so sure I want to go back to using the "Classic" look since I'm now so used to the "new" look in XP and unlike the old "CardFile" that I do use, the need for ClipBoard Viewer (or ClipBook Viewer as it may be called now) isn't as important to me. It was more curiosity than anything when you said it was still there in XP. You solved the mystery for me though and I do appreciate that<g>.

Bob