PDA

View Full Version : error 400

papabob
04-09-2010, 02:45 PM
I am working on a project with a board 20" x 3.5" x 3/4" and on one end I am cutting circles 2 3/4" (4 of them) at a depth of 1/8". When I start the machine the cutter keeps cutting deeper and deeper. When I watch it appers that the cutter is not retaking as far as it sould. I have tryed this on a couple boards and one time I got a "error 400". If anyone has any info that can help please let me know.

DocWheeler
04-09-2010, 02:54 PM
papabob,

The 400 message is associated with the sensor finding the end of board prior to the roller showing release (or some similar occurrence) - check the board for square and dust under the back roller (end where the switch is).

As for changing depth, I think that this is usually an encoder problem where dust gets on the disk and causes mis-reading by the sensor. Take the back cover off (careful not to lose the nuts) and carefully clean it up.

Digitalwoodshop
04-09-2010, 06:54 PM
I am thinking like Doc and it is a Encoder or Bit Plate Problem.... Or a loose bit in the holder...

Double check your artwork and be sure you don't have a cut path set rather than a cut to depth..... Or both....

AL