PDA

View Full Version : close cover....

Sshanks
04-08-2010, 12:41 AM
Just caught a case of the "close cover" blues. (carving starts, runs for a few seconds to a few minutes, then stops due to a cover alarm) It is to late to troubleshoot it tonight- wanted a cold beer anyway--
Tomorrow I will figure out how bad it is.

(I know there are a ton of threads on this. Just wanted to vent a little).

easybuilt
04-08-2010, 12:49 AM
Had the same problem today. Blew some air on the switch and solved the problem. At least for now.:)How was the beer? Good luck tomorrow!

Sshanks
04-08-2010, 01:05 AM
Full sail IPA. GREAT.
Thanks.

Some Great looking signs on your site. Well done.

Icutone2
04-09-2010, 07:37 AM
You can also loosen the 2 screws and move the switch forward. That helped mine.
Lee

easybuilt
04-09-2010, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the suggestion , mine was getting so touchy. That really helped.

DocWheeler
04-09-2010, 02:24 PM
I have had these messages before and solved it by taking the switch apart and cleaning it.

This morning was different, I got the message consistently right after it measured the board - tried several times; even turned the machine off.

What I think was happening was static electricity, here is why. My wife came into the shop and saw me struggling with taping up a project (bad morning). Being on a roll, she saw some chips in the machine and started vacuuming it Too much (yes it has a ground wire about 8" from the tip and dust is attracted to the first 6-8 inches).

That is when the trouble started with the "Close Cover" messages. Perhaps it was the extended foul language (yes, I was an Ironworker!) but more likely my turning the machine off for about five minutes that cleared up the message.

It did two other strange things after I got by the Close Cover messages, during the measuring, the cut motor came on for less than a second and the display was blank for a couple of seconds at the end of the measuring.

Anyway, that is why I think that static electricity was what caused my messages this time. I hope that this is helpful to anyone getting the message in the future. (if needed, I'll send a list of words):mrgreen:

Icutone2
04-09-2010, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the offer Doc but I have a few words that work for me. Ha Ha
Lee