PDA

View Full Version : Card Read Error

chunk100479
04-06-2010, 10:20 AM
So last night I started to have a problem with one of my cards. When I insert it into the machine it takes a long time to boot then it locks up before I get the project started. It has some card read error or something. It works in my computer every time and I reformat it and update the firmware and all was fine, I also loaded a project. Then I take it out to the machine and nothing works. The other card I have works just fine so I know it is not the machine. Does anyone have an idea to fix this card or am I better off just throwing it in the trash.

Digitalwoodshop
04-06-2010, 11:32 AM
You could try reformatting the card and starting over. If that does not work then a quick look at the computer socket where the card plugs into. Could be sawdust in the pins or a bent pin...

There has been a few bad cards too...

AL

alan.galbraith
04-06-2010, 01:33 PM
I ended up buying a new card. Tech told me it was the programmer, but after buying that and paying almost as much in shipping as the programmer, the card I had still would not work. Take a look at Lowes first to see if you can get one delivered to your local store. That way you don't have to pay shipping.

chunk100479
04-06-2010, 02:37 PM
Thanks I will do that thankfully I have 2 cards but if there is no other way to format it, I will recycle it.