PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone, I'm new

ericguti123
04-05-2010, 02:36 PM
Hello everyone,

I’m new to this forum. My CW is shipping, I expect to receive it very soon. I can’t wait to get cracking at it. I’ve been making Electric Guitars for the last 10 years – Handcrafted so working with my CW will be a real pleasure. I’m curious about patterns, maybe I just don’t understand, but why can’t you just make your own patterns and create carvings from that? For example, if I make a pattern for an electric guitar, can’t I just probe it and save it for future use? Please feel free to chime in before I start experiencing buyer’s remorse. Oh yeah, what's this Rock thing? I look forward to sharing ideas and concepts with all of you! :cool:

Kenm810
04-05-2010, 02:58 PM
Hi ericguti123,

Welcome to the CW Forum :smile:

You can make your own patterns to carve or probe scan a Carving and and save it for your projects.
The Rock Chuck is an after market replacement for the original Quck chcuck that comes on the CW or CC machine.
If you can do a Forum search on the Rock Chuck for more info and posts about it.
Plus all the Tips and Tricks files are a great place to start.
http://www.carvewright.com/cms/tips-and-tricks

When your Machine comes --Save the box and all the packing Materials
also check for any loose screws or bolts and make sure the Flex-Shaft and other moving parts are lubed

ericguti123
04-05-2010, 03:16 PM
Hello Kenm810,

I appreciate the advise, will do I'll save everything and hope I don't have to send anything back for reparis. I'll make sure all the screws and bolts are tight, and check the Flex-Shaft for proper lub. Since you're a senior member, I added you to my buddy list.

cnsranch
04-05-2010, 03:45 PM
Since you're a senior member, I added you to my buddy list.

Don't tell him that, he'll send you a bill :eek:

Kenm810
04-05-2010, 04:10 PM
Jerry, lol

Send him a Bill ---- Bill Who?? -- :razz: -- Must be someone related to Al Who

AskBud
04-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Welcome to the Forum!
Check out the "Download" link, below, for many lessons and links to other Tips, Tricks, Tutorials, and a variety of other posts.
AskBud

Digitalwoodshop
04-05-2010, 06:59 PM
Jerry, lol

Send him a Bill ---- Bill Who?? -- :razz: -- Must be someone related to Al Who

Different branch of the Who Family...

I am part of the Who Dat side.... :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Welcome,

AL

Kenm810
04-05-2010, 07:09 PM
Aha --- I see -- and all this time I was wondering Who Dat Who Say Dat last Who Dat :mrgreen:

Digitalwoodshop
04-05-2010, 07:35 PM
Aha --- I see -- and all this time I was wondering Who Dat Who Say Dat last Who Dat :mrgreen:

What HE said....:rolleyes:

TIMCOSBY
04-06-2010, 03:59 AM
to the forum and while your waiting on the machine download the trial version of the software and click help and read the entire help file it will put you ahead of the game if you know what each command does.

ericguti123
04-06-2010, 01:16 PM
I know a guy selling his for about 1,400 USD, still in the box. Never been set up. If you would like I can send you his contact info.

ericguti123
04-06-2010, 01:32 PM
Tim,

Thanks for the heads up, by the way, your patterns are excellent.