PDA

View Full Version : Question about unpacking the machine

SteveB
04-03-2010, 11:18 AM
Hello everyone!

I received my CarveWright yesterday and I've been getting it ready to go. I've lubed the flexshaft and checked the head pressure, etc. However, there's one thing I don't know how to deal with:

My Flexshaft has a curved metal hoop attached to it. The hoop is about 12 inches long and appears to support the flexshaft's curved shape from the spindle to the back of the machine. This appears to be a legitimate part but I wonder-

I have read in other threads that some Carvewright machines ship with a cable tie attached to the flexshaft which is supposed to be removed before use to prevent the flexshaft overheating. Is this metal hoop a part that is intended only for shipping or shall I leave it on for operation?

Thanks,

-Steve

AskBud
04-03-2010, 11:22 AM
Hello everyone!

I received my CarveWright yesterday and I've been getting it ready to go. I've lubed the flexshaft and checked the head pressure, etc. However, there's one thing I don't know how to deal with:

My Flexshaft has a curved metal hoop attached to it. The hoop is about 12 inches long and appears to support the flexshaft's curved shape from the spindle to the back of the machine. This appears to be a legitimate part but I wonder-

I have read in other threads that some Carvewright machines ship with a cable tie attached to the flexshaft which is supposed to be removed before use to prevent the flexshaft overheating. Is this metal hoop a part that is intended only for shipping or shall I leave it on for operation?

Thanks,

-Steve

The hoop stays. It is to assure that the Flex keeps a good arc as it moves across the unit.
just remove the cable tie.
AskBud

Kenm810
04-03-2010, 11:51 AM
Steve,

Please remember to Save the Box and all the packing materials!!!

Just in case you ever need to ship it to LHR for service. :wink:

SteveB
04-03-2010, 11:58 AM
Thanks, guys!

Now that everything is set up and sorted out, I've got a jewelry box to carve! I've been designing it over the past week while waiting for my machine to arrive :)

TIMCOSBY
04-04-2010, 12:20 AM
carvoholic. welcome to the forum.