PDA

View Full Version : I'm back & running!

chebytrk
04-01-2010, 01:38 PM
Just picked up my machine from the repair shop and I've got it carving already. So far so good. I had the error code 313 and took it in (extended warranty). Ticket states, repaired motor spindle, replaced flex, crank handle and checked and tested. Looks like they replaced the flex cable again and it was replaced about 4wks ago when I sent it in for it's "maintenance check". Hey, whatever works right? Total labor charge was $219.00, but all that was covered under extended warranty. Motor definitely sounds alot better now when it's measuring the board. Also the bit doesn't keep on spinning when it's going down by brass roller while doing measurements. Yup... I'm pleased. And I got it back just in time for the new POM that's coming out from Mike. :-D Yeah Baby! I'm kickin' up some saw dust!

Icutone2
04-01-2010, 03:17 PM
Jerry, Great to hear you are back up and running. Was that an extended warranty from Sears?
Lee

chebytrk
04-01-2010, 06:04 PM
Yup, I bought the 5yr extended last November and so far I've used it twice. This 2d trip has paid for the warranty cost.

Digitalwoodshop
04-01-2010, 07:41 PM
Just picked up my machine from the repair shop and I've got it carving already. So far so good. I had the error code 313 and took it in (extended warranty). Ticket states, repaired motor spindle, replaced flex, crank handle and checked and tested. Looks like they replaced the flex cable again and it was replaced about 4wks ago when I sent it in for it's "maintenance check". Hey, whatever works right? Total labor charge was $219.00, but all that was covered under extended warranty. Motor definitely sounds alot better now when it's measuring the board. Also the bit doesn't keep on spinning when it's going down by brass roller while doing measurements. Yup... I'm pleased. And I got it back just in time for the new POM that's coming out from Mike. :-D Yeah Baby! I'm kickin' up some saw dust!

That was caused by a broken C1 Capacitor on the X Termination Board..... Unless you mean the bit was coasting to a stop... That is caused when the Cut Motor Brushes get short and provide less drag on the motor slowing down.

See Picture....

Just so OTHERS Know....

I have 3 broken boards for 4 machines.... I have a bag of Capacitors too.... :mrgreen:

That is another reason to never bypass the cover switches.... Hamburger Makers...:(

AL

alan.galbraith
04-02-2010, 09:08 AM
Love your ruler. It was an adventure.

chebytrk
04-02-2010, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the info AL. You're right on the 2d part with me. The bit would coast to a stop. I was starting to hit the stop button til the bit stopped and then hit Enter to continue the measuring. Now I no longer have to do that since it stopped "coasting".

Digitalwoodshop
04-02-2010, 10:47 AM
That is a ruler from my first visit to the Navy Recuiter at a County Fair when I was in 10th Grade that planted the seed of a 20 year career....

Yes, it was an adventure... 3 Ships, 10 years of Sea Duty, 27 countries. Lots of Bars..... :mrgreen:

AL

alan.galbraith
04-02-2010, 11:37 AM
Mine was only 4 years, and other than schools, it was the USS Guam, two med cruises, one month playing war games in Gitmo. But I am currently a DON employee, but not for much longer. Remember those short timer calendars, Mine shows only 89 working days to go and I retire with 31 years of service. Then sawdust time.:D