PDA

View Full Version : 1.162 Crashing

cnsranch
04-01-2010, 10:01 AM
So, I took the leap, installed 1.162, started fooling around with it, and here's my problem -

Opened a pattern in PE, click on "Edit" "Pattern Settings', get a gui error, and the program crashes. Crashed three times in a row.

Can anyone else give this a whirl and tell me if it's my system, or the program.

Thanks

c6craig
04-01-2010, 10:06 AM
Hi Jerry,

I'm pretty sure that was a common one, I don't know if they ever did get it fixed, I haven't made the leap yet myself...

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=14711

Good luck,
Craig

chebytrk
04-01-2010, 10:06 AM
Hey "Namesake"

I just tried it and it worked fine for me. Opened PE, opened a pattern, clicked on edit, clicked on edit pattern settings and I didn't get any error messages or crashes. Also, running windows7 64 bit.

cnsranch
04-01-2010, 10:09 AM
Dad gummit

I know someone will ask, so here's my computer info -

fwharris
04-01-2010, 10:23 AM
Dad gummit

I know someone will ask, so here's my computer info -

Jerry,

You are not alone!! :(

lynnfrwd
04-01-2010, 10:26 AM
My system was ok. Did the same - OPEN PE, Edit, Edit pattern settings, OK. Didn't crash.

I am also WindowsXP, Service Pack 3 (professional, not home), but I have 2 G of RAM, so maybe that is it.

fwharris
04-01-2010, 10:50 AM
My system was ok. Did the same - OPEN PE, Edit, Edit pattern settings, OK. Didn't crash.

I am also WindowsXP, Service Pack 3 (professional, not home), but I have 2 G of RAM, so maybe that is it.

Wish it was that simple of a solution but I believe others even have it with other OP systems. Even Michael.. See link that Craig posted for more info.

I know the software guys are suppose? to be looking into the issue.

atauer
04-01-2010, 10:56 AM
That is just the thing. There are several people with the issue and each are running different system set-ups. Pinpointing the exact cause of the issue is difficult.

I have tested the process of four different PCs, each with a different OS, and have not been able to duplicate the issue myself...

I haven't gotten to talk to any of the engineers about it in the past couple days, so I'm not sure if they have been able to replicate it either.

Wait, looking at your screenshot in your first post, I noticed that you had a pattern on the screen. I didn't have a pattern. What are the stats for the pattern?

Also, can you crash it again, and when the window comes up, click on the link to display more of the error information, and post a screen shot of that?

That may help a little. It will give a start.

cnsranch
04-01-2010, 10:59 AM
Atauer - I'm in PE when the system crashes - to clarify, I'm not creating a new pattern, I opened a pattern I already had into PE, then Edit, then Pattern Settings, that's when I get the crash.

It's happening on numerous patterns I have.

fwharris
04-01-2010, 10:59 AM

Wait, looking at your screenshot in your first post, I noticed that you had a pattern on the screen. I didn't have a pattern. What are the stats for the pattern?

That may help a little. It will give a start.

Looking at the ptn I would say it the stats are well stacked :D!

atauer
04-01-2010, 11:00 AM

:lol:

I thought the same thing until I read the name of the pattern.

It's an alligator head everyone...

cnsranch
04-01-2010, 11:02 AM
Screenshot -

cnsranch
04-01-2010, 11:03 AM

You guys are sick.:cool:

cnsranch
04-01-2010, 11:07 AM
More detail...

atauer
04-01-2010, 11:09 AM
When was the last time you restarted your computer? The error could be caused by a bad section of memory. Restarting should clear the memory and any corruptions that may be stored.

fwharris
04-01-2010, 11:09 AM
You guys are sick.:cool:

HMMM..LOL

Here is my screen shot on my error.

fwharris
04-01-2010, 11:12 AM
When was the last time you restarted your computer? The error could be caused by a bad section of memory. Restarting should clear the memory and any corruptions that may be stored.

Alex,

Have you looked at the following yet?
http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=14711

I've tried just about every trick suggested and no resolve...

lynnfrwd
04-01-2010, 11:16 AM
"Guys" need to be a generic term here...I thought the same thing at first and then saw what it really was!;)

(Why are there no female smilies? Guess it's generic too!)

cnsranch
04-01-2010, 11:20 AM

Nope - still crashes.....

twiceretired
04-01-2010, 11:21 AM
Jerry, I did the PE thing and it worked for me. Running windows 7 64bit 2 gig ram, a new install on a new hard drive. I looked up on the internet and they seam to think it’ s a registry problem. After a computer has been used for a time, programs installed and uninstalled the registry can become a mess, I have used the original windows install disk and did a repair of windows and sometimes corrected the probem.
Quote:
Problem: Gui.exe errors are caused by missing system files or broken system registry structures. This is a critical sign of an unstable system that is typically caused by improper maintenance of the computer.
Hope this helps.

Maybe a member of the forum with a MS Certification can shed some light on this.

Fletcher
04-01-2010, 01:48 PM
crash...... :(

roughcut
04-01-2010, 03:52 PM
Have you checked in preferences your rendering cache . Mine had changed when I upgraded I set it to 1000 mb everrything seems ok now

Jeff_Birt
04-01-2010, 05:33 PM
Guys, this particular issue with PE has been tracked down and the fix will be included with the next release. (Don't know when that will be though...)

fwharris
04-01-2010, 08:08 PM
Guys, this particular issue with PE has been tracked down and the fix will be included with the next release. (Don't know when that will be though...)

Jeff,

Thanks for the update and letting us know that the bug has been found.

Fletcher
04-02-2010, 09:16 AM
Thanks Roughcut! That fixed my problem too...:D

MCGEE2SKINNER
04-02-2010, 09:44 AM
Hi
Tha problem I had with PE was when I tried to save to patern library is when I got the crash. I then just saved it and then saved to the library and it worked ok.
JIM