PDA

View Full Version : Z Axis 313 message

reshetti
03-31-2010, 09:43 PM
Problem need some help with a Z Axis stall 313 message and stoppage. Any tips on what the problem is. Thanks

AskBud
03-31-2010, 10:38 PM
Problem need some help with a Z Axis stall 313 message and stoppage. Any tips on what the problem is. Thanks

We need lots more data!
1) What version of Designer are you using?
2) Post your MPC.
3) Tell us what the machine is doing, when the stall occurs (measuring, cutting, etc).
4) Tell us where the bit is, on the board, when it stalls.
5) If you can, take a pic of the board, and post it, so we may see where it stalled (while cutting, if it was cutting).
AskBud

Eagle Hollow
04-01-2010, 06:32 AM

I've had two situations that generated this error. First, the encoder was dirty. I took the back cover off the z motor and gently blew out the dust. Second, the carving bit came loose in the adapter and dropped down causing the stall. Reseating and locking the bit back into position solved that problem.

Good luck. Please post when you find your solution.

reshetti
04-01-2010, 08:08 PM
I tried all posted suggestion encluding the same ones from Carvewright support center. Still not working. The machine goes through the process and when the Z axis gets to the right side of the machine forthe bit to touch hone slide, stall occurs. All this started when I updated the software to the new version. Maybe the problem. Any other suggestion before I send the machine back?

mtylerfl
04-02-2010, 01:24 PM
I tried all posted suggestion encluding the same ones from Carvewright support center. Still not working. The machine goes through the process and when the Z axis gets to the right side of the machine forthe bit to touch hone slide, stall occurs. All this started when I updated the software to the new version. Maybe the problem. Any other suggestion before I send the machine back?

Hello,

z-stall occurring at right side when touching bit plate?...don't know if this will help, but...

Assuming nothing is interfering with the truck going all the way over to flip the touch plate out, a possibility is the Y-belt is a little slack.Try tightening the Y-belt (loosen the bracket screw with a #2 'shorty' Philips screwdriver, then push the bracket over to take any slack out, then re-tighten the bracket in place). Also, give the touch plate hinge a good cleaning and lube.

I hope it's a simple fix for you. Please let us know how you make out.

Other things to check, z-truck bearings, z-belt tension, make sure bit is properly seated. I'm curious...are you using a Rock chuck by any chance?

EDIT: I found a post that described the same error you are experiencing. He says a new power supply solved the problem for him...http://forum.carvewright.com/showpost.php?p=120794&postcount=11

...and here's the entire thread from the beginning...http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=14460&highlight=error+313

Kix
04-10-2010, 06:58 PM
Hey Mtyler,

Thanks about a gazillion for that post, sloppy belt action was bringing me down. You are my hero for the day.

Thanks, Phil

mtylerfl
04-11-2010, 07:27 PM
Hey Mtyler,

Thanks about a gazillion for that post, sloppy belt action was bringing me down. You are my hero for the day.

Thanks, Phil

Hi Phil,

Glad that helped! (I guess I got lucky on that one;))

Digitalwoodshop
04-11-2010, 07:58 PM
Just a follow up to the first user.... If the Z Head is getting all the way to the Bit Flag and it IS extending all the way BUT the bit stops short of touching the Bit Plate, this will give you a AIR CARVE.

IF the bit plate did not extend enough and the bit goes down and misses the bit plate it will give you a "PLEASE LOAD BIT" message....

SO back to going down to a extended plate and NOT touching it.....

While the Bit is going down ready to SMASH into the metal of the bit plate, the computer is monitoring the Z Motor Current. It is looking for a increase in current, then it orders the Bit to BACK UP.... Prevents DAMAGE to the bit... AND tells the computer the location of the tip of the bit.

If the Z Rails are DIRTY the SPEED BUMP of the dust acts like the bit touched the bit plate causing it to reverse.

This is especially true in the NO MAN's LAND between the 2 bearings that is hard to clean.... A RAG with Mineral Spirits pushed between the bearings and moving the head up and down will clean that area.

Dust chips in the Z Belt and COGS of the pulley's will do the same.... I air blow out my Z Belt area every bit change.

AL

alan.galbraith
04-13-2010, 08:42 AM
I am experiencing this error z axis stall 313. I am getting it now when it is Homing the bit, after it successfully touches the arm twice and comes back just before doing a surface check. Should the truck move up and down by hand freely? I believe it might be the bearings that finally gave out.

alan.galbraith
04-13-2010, 03:50 PM
Thanks to all who answered>>>>>:confused:

Digitalwoodshop
04-14-2010, 05:35 PM
Call me.... With your 31 years of Military Experience and my 20, we should be able to get you going in the right direction....

First thing.... Check and see if you have the OLD 16 pin FSC Cable or the new 14 Pin FSC Cable and New Z Bundle.....

If you have the 16 pin system then that is a big part of the problem.... The thin wires don't carry enough current at times and as they flex, they break so you get intermittent problems..... As the FSC cable moves it changes the symptoms as the cable breaks and rejoins.

Sending PM with number.

AL

alan.galbraith
04-15-2010, 06:40 PM
I have the old 16 pin system. I have downloaded the pdf for the z truck and am at step 11 for removal. There is a flat cable behind the truck which I cannot unplug and the instructions don't tell you what to do. Will I have to replace all the parts you show below?

alan.galbraith
04-15-2010, 06:50 PM
I assume I will need to do the motor and board also. Now that I drilled the screws off the z truck. I will have to replace the z truck. I got a price for the z truck assembly of 125 plus s&h. I wonder how much the motor and board and cables will run.

jaroot
04-18-2010, 10:09 AM
We also drilled the screws out for the z truck but we didn't replace the whole truck, only the bearings. When we replaced the z truck we used allen head bolts for the replacements hoping that when we have to do it again we will be able to remove the screw without resorting to the drill.

I assume I will need to do the motor and board also. Now that I drilled the screws off the z truck. I will have to replace the z truck. I got a price for the z truck assembly of 125 plus s&h. I wonder how much the motor and board and cables will run.