PDA

View Full Version : Bondfire soon

chirotla
03-27-2010, 11:18 PM
(excuse the long intro) I purchased my unit refurb in Oct. I ran several purchased plans only to be disappointed because at the point of cutout, the program was 3/8 inch off (cutting onto the project) I tried everyone's suggestion, including support staff that i needed to recalibrate (4x)...gave up after 6 weeks...Returned to tackle again in Jan. This time I made several calls to tech support and found that it was an x axis issue and I needed a patch (finally getting somewhere!) Patch was never sent but a software update was finally posted. AH, now I'm only 1/4 off! (Dumpster ordered for failed projects). More calls, more erros..check this check that, etc... finally another version update.....could this be it....project never finished, flex shaft melt down at 20 hours....new flex shaft....power fluctuation errors, finally a 4 hour project is near the end....I watch as the inner cutout of my picture frame starts where it should...it goes half way, then just erratically moves across the board 3x destroying the project and coming to a stop with a card read error. So my question...is all this just bad coincidence, or do i have a lemon?

liquidguitars
03-27-2010, 11:34 PM
could be.. dirty bearings, bad QC, and table pressure. I would send it in.

LG

Digitalwoodshop
03-28-2010, 08:54 PM
WOW.... Lots of problems with the X Position.... So it is all about the brass roller... The Brass roller is the feedback to the computer that tells the computer when the has moved to the correct position. If the board EVER looses contact with the brass roller then the board moves until it makes contact with the roller AGAIN. So this could be what is happening.... Board looses contact in the X Position and making the error you see...

First thing I would do is look closely at the sand paper belt under the muffler and edge at the brass roller... Sometimes the belt rolls up and under and raises the wood so it skips the contact with the brass roller.....

Your wood must have a perfect edge along where the brass roller meets.... I preach using a strip of masking tape along that edge. You will see the notches in the tape where the brass roller meshes with the tape making a rack and pinion like bond. Any hard wood will slip without the tape.

Anther thing is a problem with your board detector.... That 1/4 inch could be caused by one of the 2 LED's in the board detector is broken off... Due to QC Vibration... Replacing the Board Detector would fix that...
Do the TAPE on the bottom first...

Lots posted about head pressure.... A Tilted head can cause problems too.... Use a bit in the machine and touch the left and right side of the board while reading the Z Measurements in sensor data...

Let us know...

AL

Icutone2
03-29-2010, 06:47 AM
Sorry to hear all the prob you are having. Could it be a ground issue between the machine and or the vacuum unit used? Just a thought.
Lee

chirotla
03-29-2010, 10:29 PM
I've tried the tape on several different projects..no change....the update to the software did make an improvement to the x-axis issue for me, but I am confused on how this software update fixed (almost) this problem for me, but why were there not more having the same issue. If they changed the code (as they told me) ..how can this not affect others??? This unit appeared brand new when I opened the box, but was a refurb, so i can't understand how it can be dirty bearings, etc. Every time I start a project, something abnormal occurs....check this roller, board not measured correctly, etc. I explain all my issues with the unit and support just keeps telling me the update should fix....I have a feeling that the update(1.161) caused the flexshaft to burn up, because the machine seemed to run at a much higher rpm. Version 1.162 was back to normal sound. It carved the project after installing the new flexshaft, until the end when it zig zagged across the project and destroyed it...follwed with the cannot read card..reformat....I had reformatted the card when I updated the software....so why why why is this now an issue. How can one machine be so different than the rest.