PDA

View Full Version : LCD Stuck at Startup...?

abourne13
03-27-2010, 02:33 PM
Hi there. I just bought a refurbished CarveWright machine and ran through all the tutorials and followed it perfectly. I loaded my memory card with a test project but when I turn on the machine the LCD just says "CarveWright Woodworking Machine". It doesn't go to any menu screen or anything. I tried pushing buttons. Nothing. I tried rechecking all or my connections and everything seems good.

Is there any trick to starting this machine up? Or is there something out of place that would cause the screen not to advance?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Digitalwoodshop
03-27-2010, 03:30 PM
It looks like a Card Problem. Try reformatting the card and loading 1.162 and give it another try. ALso be sure to install and remove the card ONLY with the power off... I remember another user having problems and he was inserting and removing the card with the power on.

It looks like a regular computer card but it is special in that the carve machine operating system is contained on the card and it must properly boot up to run correctly.

No card installed will give you a top row of squares on the LED.

If your refurbished machine has had the new Z Bundle upgrade that I am betting it DOES... Then it will come up in "SCAN AREA" and go NO FURTHER until you go through the process of changing the selection of the probe data from the truck to the cover.

Lots posted on this topic.

SO if your display is telling you SCAN AREA then it is a switch setting in the setup menu... If it has the CarveWright Welcome Menu.... Reformat the card.

I am a call, PM or email away if you get stumped.... I will be in the shop after 6:30 PM Eastern tonight.

AL

abourne13
03-28-2010, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the help! I'll try out your suggestions and report back soon.