PDA

View Full Version : BIT FALLING OFF OF QUICK COUPLER

MAX COX
09-24-2006, 07:36 PM
AFTER WORKING AND RUNNING FOR 3 HOURS ON A RETIREMENT PLAQUE FOR ONE OF MY EMPLOYEES, THE ----90 DEGREE BIT CAME OFF OF THE QUICK COUPLER WITH NO WARNING AND RUINED 3 HOURS OF WORK PLUS A $15.00 BOARD ALSO. NO LOCKTITE ON THIS BIT IF SUPPOSED HAVE BEEN THERE. TALK ABOUT BEING VERY FRUSTRATED AT THE LEAST.

BobHill
09-25-2006, 05:37 PM
It's a good idea to check all your bits and use locktite.
Bob

BobHill
10-16-2006, 11:37 AM
Ken,

The CarveWright uses a quick change type of bit holder, and I'm not sure if you've ever used one of these quick change holders in your personal router, but that's always something you want to do for them (using locktite on the holder screw), it's not just a CarveWright "thing". Instead of a sturdy collet, they use a tight fit, but also a screw to hold them into the holder. The quick change holder is held tight into the cutting head, but it's the bit that needs to be held tight enough so any vibration won't loosen it's screw. Most of us use one quick release holder for each bit, so you just exchange the bit and holder not change the bit in the holder each time, especially for the interchange of the straight cutting bit with the carving bit.

Bob Hill
Tampa Florida

nicobie
10-17-2006, 07:57 PM
Carvewright sold the bit holders to Sears for awhile. It doesn't look like they took off as Sears has quit selling them. I picked up a bunch at less than $.25/ea.

BobHill
10-17-2006, 09:20 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the quick change bit holders and it's design was not by CarveWright or LHR.

Bob Hill
Tampa Florida

nicobie
10-21-2006, 07:48 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the quick change bit holders and it's design was not by CarveWright or LHR.

Bob Hill
Tampa Florida

Yes,

you might be mistaken again.