PDA

View Full Version : Uneven text cutting with 60º router bit

MEISTER
03-22-2010, 01:32 PM
I just got my machine back up and running again. My first test cut was good except for the text it cut with the 60º bit. The text is all jagged. see picture. Sorry about the crappy cel phone pict.

This issue was happening before the Z truck bearing broke, so I know that what not the issue.

cnsranch
03-22-2010, 02:25 PM
First things to check -

1. Is the board losing contact with the brass roller? Caused by warped board, uneven bottom edge nearest the key pad?

2. Does the brass roller have the rubber o-ring intact?

3. Does the board have the required 3.5" extra on each end?

Digitalwoodshop
03-22-2010, 02:30 PM
You did this in Outline Text and assigned the V60?

Or did it as Raster Text and used the V60 rather than the carving bit?

I would do a 4 way tug test to see if you have any play in the Z Truck? Loose bearing, Missing Damper?

AL

Kenm810
03-22-2010, 02:48 PM
Is that Outline Text? --If so what was your Text Spacing
I normally use 12 to 15 for most Text,
and use the V-60 and V-90 for Centerline only

MEISTER
03-22-2010, 03:12 PM
First things to check -

1. Is the board losing contact with the brass roller? Caused by warped board, uneven bottom edge nearest the key pad?

2. Does the brass roller have the rubber o-ring intact?

3. Does the board have the required 3.5" extra on each end?

1. No, THe board is straight and flat.

2. I do not know, I will check that.

3. Yes, it has the 3.5" to stay under the rollers.

You did this in Outline Text and assigned the V60?

Or did it as Raster Text and used the V60 rather than the carving bit?

I would do a 4 way tug test to see if you have any play in the Z Truck? Loose bearing, Missing Damper?
AL

I just set the type and choose "Outline Text" option. This is not rastered text. The 60º bit was chosen for this type.

How do I do a 4 way tug test? I made sure the zTruck was nice a secure. I used the factory install guide when removing and tightening all the bolts.

Is that Outline Text? --If so what was your Text Spacing
I normally use 12 to 15 for most Text,
and use the V-60 and V-90 for Centerline only

I did not change any of the spacing. Do you suppose this could be the issue? I wouldn't think so, but I'm new to this. I don't have the Centerline software either, I've been wanting to buy it, but don't want to if I have this problem with outline.

Also, maybe there is a quality setting? When I run the program it says "Normal" on the screen.