PDA

View Full Version : pattern editor

davidbf
03-22-2010, 11:35 AM
What does the pattern editor do and can I try it before I buy it ?
I am using microsoft and paint.net now but I need more. Using CW's pattern editor can I take a photo to carve without a lot of trouble ?

fwharris
03-22-2010, 11:52 AM
I am using microsoft and paint.net now but I need more. Using CW's pattern editor can I take a photo to carve without a lot of trouble ?

David,

The pattern editor does not have a try before buy option. Like the name says it is for the editing of patterns. Most often application is for uploading scans from the scanning probe the comes with the PE software (you can get just PE W/O the probe) to make adjustments/edits to the scan to create a pattern.

You can also import images into PE to do final edits for making patterns. There is a bit of a learning curve to the software but with PE and a paint.net (or other image software) you can make some very carve-able patterns.

For me is was money well spent...

AskBud
03-22-2010, 11:58 AM

I suggest that rather than just buying Pattern Editor, you spend just a bit more and order the Scanning Probe (it includes Pattern Editor).

Rather than writing a long reply on Pattern Editor (PE), I'll point you to my signature, below. Click on the "Download" section.

There is an AVI lesson titled "Pattern Editor - Quick Look".
If you go further down the list of links, you will find a section on Adobe, and how I merge it with the use of PE.
There is also a link to the CW-Learning Lab, that has several lessons on Pattern Editor.

There are others, but I think the above items may give you a nice feel for PE usage.
There are several where the titles begin with "Import" as well, and two on "Using a Photo".

Again, spend just a bit more and order the Scanning Probe.
AskBud

davidbf
07-08-2012, 05:48 AM
Thanks for the info. Bud but it looks like things are going to have to wait a little longer due to less income & bone spur removal for the 3rd time.
Thanks again & have a most goodest day
David