PDA

View Full Version : start up routine acting strange

eriksen
03-22-2010, 08:36 AM
1.162 is running fine, no issues with the software, but now the machine will not recognize the probe when I plug it in to the z truck, it does work if I access it through the user options and works fine, and when I bring up the projects list the screen flashes "probing area" then works fine, through the pre cut measurements and bit choice and so on until it gets to finding surface, it goes through that routine and just before cutting pattern it freezes and asks me to load a bit, I hit enter and it runs fine... I don't mind the extra steps but is this machine headed some place I don't want go? Thanks. Tom

c6craig
03-22-2010, 09:51 AM
Tom,

My opinion (for what it's worth) is that it's never wise to ignore unusual or out of the ordinary behavior on these machines. My experience has been that it doesn't go away and usually leads to something bigger (or more expensive) going out.

I would say to start with some of the overlooked basics, such as reformatting your memory card, making sure all your contacts and connections are clean, etc.

If no other forum members have recommendations I would go ahead and make the LHR call to be sure....

Good luck,
Craig

eriksen
03-22-2010, 09:55 AM
Thanks Craig, thats the way I'm leaning. Tom

eriksen
03-22-2010, 10:16 AM
Hey Craig, just tried the reformat, it worked for the probe issue but the start up routine is still wacked... I'll make the call, tom

c6craig
03-22-2010, 10:45 AM
I think that's the right call Tom, good luck with it.

Craig