PDA

View Full Version : carrier board height

wildwings
03-22-2010, 07:55 AM
I am building carrier board/sled for my machine...my question is : what about the additional height;won't the additional height(say 1/2 in) effect my carve?
Should I allow for the carrier when I design my project?

alan.galbraith
03-22-2010, 09:08 AM
Thanks for asking this question, I was about to ask almost the same. What happens if you want to do a thru cut on a sled?

mtylerfl
03-22-2010, 01:04 PM
Hello Guys,

There is no affect on your carve when using a carrier board, as long as you choose the correct options during project setup at the machine. (no, you do not add the sled thickness when laying out your design! You may, however, want to layout your design on a mock-up of your sled width and length (again - not thickness) - depends on what you are doing, how you are positioning the material, and so on, and of course, allowing sufficient length to stay under the rollers at all times,etc.)

Please read the Tips & Tricks - ISSUE 12 September 2008 "Designer 1.131 New Feature Highlights " (http://www.carvebuddy.com/PDFs/CW_TipsandTricks_Newsletters/CarveWrightTips&Tricks_Sept08.pdf) for info on project setup and for cutouts when using a sled/carrier board - it's no problem at all - the Tips will outline the details, etc. and may be helpful for you both.