PDA

View Full Version : Looking for

flamesrule
03-21-2010, 04:30 PM
Hey out there,

I am doing a project for my buddy`s parents it is a sign for there retirment place in Arizona.What i am looking for is a cactus tree and a quad if anyone can help me out that would be great.

twiceretired
03-23-2010, 11:29 AM
Here is a ptn for a Cactus tree, hope it helps.

flamesrule
03-23-2010, 06:52 PM
Looks GREAT that will work,

Thank -You very much they will love it.

Ike
03-23-2010, 07:23 PM
Hey out there,

I am doing a project for my buddy`s parents it is a sign for there retirment place in Arizona.What i am looking for is a cactus tree and a quad if anyone can help me out that would be great.

No sure if they will help, but at www.carvebuddy.com Michael offers a great free cactus tree and more.

Ike

Azbear
03-23-2010, 09:34 PM
I may be wrong here, but I don't really think a cactus is a tree. Might look like one, but I think it's a differece in how the plant feeds itself. Saguaro cactus tree? Kind of like calling a 1 ton 4 x 4 a car.

Don't tread on me.

On a better note, Sears is replacing my machine again.

Any ways...

Ike
03-23-2010, 10:34 PM
I may be wrong here, but I don't really think a cactus is a tree. Might look like one, but I think it's a differece in how the plant feeds itself. Saguaro cactus tree? Kind of like calling a 1 ton 4 x 4 a car.

Don't tread on me.

On a better note, Sears is replacing my machine again.

Any ways...

I give up!! I am not an expert on Saguaro or cactus tree! I was trying to offer another source I knew of to help. He can use it or not! I am two for two now looks like I need to stay quiet?

Ike

flamesrule
03-23-2010, 10:57 PM
Thanks Ike for the post on Carvebuddy i forgot all about checking to see what he had.Sounds like azbear is having a bad night....
Thanks again :)
Cheers,
Rod

Ike
03-23-2010, 11:07 PM
Thanks Ike for the post on Carvebuddy i forgot all about checking to see what he had.Sounds like azbear is having a bad night....
Thanks again :)
Cheers,
Rod

Thank you Rod as I said, just wanted to help you and I remembered Michael sharing a great pattern. Lol it was like you asked for an oak tree and I suggested a pine tree! Both are trees, but I do know they do look different!

So the the pattern looked close other then looking close I couldn't tell you their properties!

Sorry as I posted I have been spanked twice now for offering help. So I guess it is taking it's toll?

But I appreciate your reply!

Ike

flamesrule
03-23-2010, 11:19 PM
Hey Ike

Is that not why we have this fourm is to help each other out.Boy if you are getting your hand slapped that`s very sad.Just my thought i never used to go on the fourm i figured i could run the machine without WOW was i wrong we need the knowledge for this crazy machine :)

Cheers,

Ike
03-23-2010, 11:30 PM
Hey Ike

Is that not why we have this fourm is to help each other out.Boy if you are getting your hand slapped that`s very sad.Just my thought i never used to go on the fourm i figured i could run the machine without WOW was i wrong we need the knowledge for this crazy machine :)

Cheers,
So true this forum is great! Yes knowledge is half if not most valuable asset we have in operating this great machine! I agree offering experiences with each other helps eliminate possible causes.

Plus I found if you need a pattern many members share some for free, some for a small fee. And all different and the same!

Ike

CarverJerry
03-24-2010, 05:22 AM
Awe come on now Ike, don't take it too hard, besides if you ever stood next to one of the saquaro catcus you would know it's as big as an oak or maple tree. They don't grow their first lim until about the age of 70 and the insides are made up of bamboo like tubes which I would call wood. Many people in the desert use the skelletons for yard art. And believe me the thorns on those are like needles and are very hard. FYI, the barrel catcus is what you look for if you need water for survival, but it is very bitter.
So cactus tree for non-desert people, it's ok to call it a tree, after all they do bloom in the spring. :rolleyes:

Azbear
03-24-2010, 09:15 AM
I give up!! I am not an expert on Saguaro or cactus tree! I was trying to offer another source I knew of to help. He can use it or not! I am two for two now looks like I need to stay quiet?

Ike

Hey Ike.
I am not aiming for you. Just saying a cactus is not a tree. I was told that when I moved out here from Minnesota years ago. 90% of the people call them trees. Passing it along to others. That is all.

You are such a skilled craftsman and a good person. You are always there for the forum members who ask for help.

Please accept my deepest apologies!

mtylerfl
03-24-2010, 10:00 AM
No sure if they will help, but at www.carvebuddy.com (http://www.carvebuddy.com) Michael offers a great free cactus tree and more.

Ike

Thanks Ike! - I actually forgot I had those! Hopefully that will do the trick for his project!

Azbear
03-24-2010, 10:18 AM
Please accept my apologies for my "tree" comments. I created the heart shaped "stuff" box pattern for my little Brit and would like to share in hopes of making things better here...

Mother's Day, Valentines Day, Anniversary, I'm Sorry Day, etc. Almost any pattern can be merged on the lid. They are both a one bit carve as is. Makes things easier for me. You can adjust and change to what ever works for you.

I don't usually put my designs on the forum as others argue the "legal ownership" thing. Don't want that.

If you carve and sell these, just give me a bit of credit.

Sorry to Ike and all!
Azbear

cnsranch
03-24-2010, 11:19 AM
Here's a few - don't know if you've already found them or not.

EDIT

I couldn't remember where I got these - must have been from MT - they carve great.

Ike
03-24-2010, 02:33 PM
Azbear, no problem, I guess the Saguaro is a cactus tree according to Carver Jerry? I was just doing like in the past offering more then one source and having Michael T. free cactus patterns I suggested them.

I never expected this to happen! I live in the high desert and have never had any interest in studying each type of plant life!

I ask can we just go back to trying to help each other? If a member needs a pine tree and we share and it is a redwood rather then a pine, can we let the member needing the pattern choose the one they want?

Plus continue to share error issues with each other no matter if other members have not experience these errors from new changes.

Just my thoughts I enjoy the privileged of being a member of this great forum and seek stress relief here. So forgive me if I been stressed more then usual!

Michael and thank you for all your patterns!

Ike

cnsranch
03-24-2010, 02:40 PM
I guess the Saguaro is a cactus tree according to Jerry?

Dude, I live in Kansas - a cactus is a cactus around here.

Ike
03-24-2010, 11:11 PM
Dude, I live in Kansas - a cactus is a cactus around here.

Jerry, wrong Jerry! I was replying to Carver Jerry

Quote " Awe come on now Ike, don't take it too hard, besides if you ever stood next to one of the saquaro catcus you would know it's as big as an oak or maple tree. They don't grow their first lim until about the age of 70 and the insides are made up of bamboo like tubes which I would call wood. Many people in the desert use the skelletons for yard art. And believe me the thorns on those are like needles and are very hard. FYI, the barrel catcus is what you look for if you need water for survival, but it is very bitter.
So cactus tree for non-desert people, it's ok to call it a tree, after all they do bloom in the spring." end quote

Lol brings up another point we all including me read the whole thread so we all can be on the same page!

Ike

CarverJerry
03-25-2010, 06:31 AM
Cnsranch, hey thanks for the mpc file of the 3 different cactus. They look really cool. Sorry if anyone took me wrong earlier in this thread. I sure didn't mean any wrong by what I said, just trying to say it's ok to call them a tree. I think everyone on this forum is so cool, sharing files and so much information with each other. So if I insulted anyone here please accept my appoligies. Ya all have a great day.

CJ

twiceretired
03-25-2010, 10:38 AM
I apologize, I think I may have started this response on Flamesrule request for a Cactus tree and a quad pattern. All I wanted to do was respond to the request because I noticed that the post had gone two days without a response. I did a search on the web for Cactus Tree and ended up at http://www.gardeningcentral.org/cactus_tree/cactus_tree.html and reading down found this statement “Some varieties of barrel cactus can grow quite large but are normally not thought of as being a cactus tree. That distinction goes to the giant Saguaro cactus and the Joshua tree”. I then found a picture and ran it in Paint.net and posted the PTN. Sorry, I guess you can’t believe everything you read on the internet.
I agree that without all the help on this forum the CC, CW would not be as functional as it is today. Thank You to everyone who post and head us in the correct direction, and for all the projects, PTN, MPC etc.

Azbear
03-26-2010, 05:27 PM
Cnsranch, hey thanks for the mpc file of the 3 different cactus. They look really cool. Sorry if anyone took me wrong earlier in this thread. I sure didn't mean any wrong by what I said, just trying to say it's ok to call them a tree. I think everyone on this forum is so cool, sharing files and so much information with each other. So if I insulted anyone here please accept my appoligies. Ya all have a great day.

CJ

I'm cool. Ike said he's cool. I'm think'in we are all cool!