PDA

View Full Version : Error 1112 - Please clear bit sensor

Ron Smith
09-23-2006, 08:11 AM
This problem showed up this morning when I went to start a new project. The machine worked fine yesterday to cut some signs. I took it apart when I finished yesterday and cleaned everything I could reach just to make sure it was cleared. Today, it shows up with the "Error 1112 -Please clear bit sensor fault". I have cleaned, cleared, polished, waxed, blown out and scrubbed everything I can reach, but can't get it to remove this error message ... help! Is there an updated manual available with a little more information than the original one? A more in-depth trouble shooting version would be great for us folks who live over a thousand miles away, so we could know what to look for, exactly where to find it and what to do when we locate a problem. Right now, I'm down trying to resolve this (probably very minor) issue if I knew what to do. Any assistance would be appreciated. I really like the machine when it works properly ... but ... it seems there are a lot of little things that stop it and you spend a lot of time trying to find the fix.

BobHill
09-23-2006, 04:48 PM
Ron,
I give you the same recommendation I made in your other post with the same problem.

rmacke
09-23-2006, 07:05 PM
Look on the back side of the rail, You will see a white wire connected to a circut board. Try Pressing them in. this is were the cover switch and the bit sensor both plug in. The board is more to the left side of the middle. This worked for me.
rmacke

Ron Smith
09-23-2006, 09:40 PM
Thanks rmacke ... I'll look at that and see if it'll help. I need to get the "close cover" error gone first. I will call LHR, but would like to get this figured out before hand to get going again.

Ron Baird
09-24-2006, 08:15 PM
Ron
lok on the back side of the Y truck beside the Z motor there is a small board with 4 cables plugged into it. the small white ribbon cable closest to the panel side goes to the bit and board sensor it sometimes gets caught on the two screws that hold the X motor on at the panel side of the rail. the cable could be damaged or pulled out of the plug. make sure it is tucked in close to the board. I recomend you put a bit of tape over the screw ends so the cables can not get caught on them.

BobHill
09-24-2006, 09:01 PM
I have found that being sure the tape is removed (it bunched up on my machine) and be sure the ribbon cable is tight and flat to the truck, then being sure the top end is completely through the slot, apply clear silicone mushed in to hold it tight in the slot and tight to the truck surface.
Bob

Ron Smith
09-26-2006, 09:52 AM
Thanks guys ... I got ahold of Chris at LHR and he walked me though the process also. He had me check the mirror and it was fine, then checked the two small bit sensor holes on the carriage behind the bit. It seems there was some dust in them, preventing them from reading the bit. I blew these out and it was fine. I am keeping all of your suggestions and what I find out in a log for reference as I go.

Thanks

Dan-Woodman
09-26-2006, 01:23 PM
mine also gets dust in that sensor behind the bit
I wonder if we might put a dab of silicone around what appears to
be a small piece of glass around these sensors.
anyone tried that.

BobHill
09-26-2006, 02:11 PM
Wouldn't that block the sensor from working properly?