PDA

View Full Version : Please need help with error #313

Deserthawk526
03-19-2010, 10:08 PM
Help please:
My machine started acting up by showing error #313, what is going with this the machine stops and the display goes off, I have to wait a minute or two before the display comes back on, or with the palm of my hand tap the side of the display cover then the display comes back on, but it comes back on as if I just power on the machine in the mean time I lost the project I was working on. Does anyone have any sugestions for me on what is going on with this machine, any help will be greatly appreciated.

CarverJerry
03-19-2010, 10:40 PM
This doesn't answer your question, but can anyone tell us if there is a list of error codes listed some where? thanks and sorry if this is a repeated question.

dbfletcher
03-19-2010, 10:47 PM
This doesn't answer your question, but can anyone tell us if there is a list of error codes listed some where? thanks and sorry if this is a repeated question.

Unfortunately, documentation tends to lag behind from LHR and we have been told the error codes change number and meaning with most firmware updates.

Doug Fletcher

fwharris
03-20-2010, 01:04 AM
Help please:
My machine started acting up by showing error #313, what is going with this the machine stops and the display goes off, I have to wait a minute or two before the display comes back on, or with the palm of my hand tap the side of the display cover then the display comes back on, but it comes back on as if I just power on the machine in the mean time I lost the project I was working on. Does anyone have any sugestions for me on what is going on with this machine, any help will be greatly appreciated.

What else does the display say besides 313? Number does not help as much as what else the display say and what was the machine dong at the time of the error...

Kenm810
03-20-2010, 07:35 AM
Check out this thread from last month -- Same Error Code Number
Z Axis Stall Error 313 (http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=14460&highlight=error+313)

Deserthawk526
03-20-2010, 09:03 PM
What else does the display say besides 313? Number does not help as much as what else the display say and what was the machine dong at the time of the error...

Well as a matter of fact since Im traying to resolve this problem, the machine have had display different error codes such as 301, 297, and the most constant remains 313 and right along with the codes it display Z truck stoll press stop to contunue, then thr display goes off like when you turn the switch to off.

Old Salt
03-20-2010, 09:53 PM
My 313 turned out to be brushes in motor going out and motor staling out . ck cut time you may need them.

Digitalwoodshop
03-21-2010, 09:42 AM
Good Job... I was thinking your L2 coil is going bad..... Cutting the main power... Display goes out...

AL

liquidguitars
03-21-2010, 11:21 AM
My 313 turned out to be brushes in motor going out and motor staling out . ck cut time you may need them.

funny I just ran out my brushes yesterday and the cut motor stopped, replaced them with a set off a old cut motor and i up and running..

LG

chebytrk
03-23-2010, 01:52 PM

I just picked up the 313 error myself. How long "cut time" before brushes need replacing?

Icutone2
03-23-2010, 02:03 PM
Replaced my brushes after 300 hours and thay had a few hours left.
Lee

chebytrk
03-23-2010, 02:38 PM
I just checked and I've got 233 hrs. Guess I've got to take it to the Sears place to fixing. Just got it back a few weeks ago from a "Maintenance Service". You would think that they would have checked the brushes or something.

chebytrk
03-23-2010, 08:52 PM
Is there any chance that my error 313 could be associated with the upgrade to 1.62? I've just never had this error before and it's really got me stumped. Don't know about how to check brushes and stuff. Is there any way to verify that my machine warrants taking it in for repair? Just hate to take it in tomorrow if I can avoid it even if I do have the extended warranty. Any advice is appreciated.

forqnc
03-24-2010, 08:25 AM
Well as a matter of fact since Im traying to resolve this problem, the machine have had display different error codes such as 301, 297, and the most constant remains 313 and right along with the codes it display Z truck stoll press stop to contunue, then thr display goes off like when you turn the switch to off.

When I was having problems with a Z axis stall, I found it was the wide rubber of the flex shaft, where it plugs into the truck, was coming up and catching on the top cover. I cut about 3/4" of the top and never had a problem again. Never had the display go off, which sounds like a loose connection?