PDA

View Full Version : Measures back and forth really fast

pjc
03-19-2010, 09:59 PM
anyone else ever have this happen. the machine will be in the process of measuring the board when it reverses the direction of travel and keeps doing this at a faster and faster pace. i hope that makes sense...not sure how else to describe it. i have only had a few posts here and they have all been about the problems with this machine. we do not use it on a regular basis and it stays clean and dust free when not in use. if we didnt have the amount of money in it, we would be buying a new product. anyone interested in buying our problems?
seriously, any help on this measuring problem would be appreciated.

PJ

AskBud
03-19-2010, 10:13 PM
anyone else ever have this happen. the machine will be in the process of measuring the board when it reverses the direction of travel and keeps doing this at a faster and faster pace. i hope that makes sense...not sure how else to describe it. i have only had a few posts here and they have all been about the problems with this machine. we do not use it on a regular basis and it stays clean and dust free when not in use. if we didnt have the amount of money in it, we would be buying a new product. anyone interested in buying our problems?
seriously, any help on this measuring problem would be appreciated.

PJ

The rapid back & forth movement usually means that the Brass roller and the Head Rollers are not seeing the pressure needed.

It could be a board problem, usually on the bottom. However it could also be a dip in the top of the board, which may also come from the board sensor (under the truck) seeing a void as it tracks the top surface during the measurement.

As to selling your unit folks will want to know how old it is and if it is a CW or CC.

As a side note, what warranty did you get?
AskBud

Digitalwoodshop
03-20-2010, 11:28 AM
PJ,

The board rocking is a symptom of the board loosing contact with the brass roller....

Things that can cause this are:

Board has a defect on the bottom edge on the keyboard side, cupped, missing wood. Masking tape on the bottom of the board along the brass roller area can help or fix this problem.

Head Pressure too light.

Belt under the muffler side of the machine is rolled under toward the keypad raising the board from the roller. That is hard to see. You need to look on the far side of the belt and see if it is missing from that side. Use the other belt to compare it.

Since this is your 3 post, reading the tips and tricks would be a good thing if you have not.

Don't give up!!!!!

AL