PDA

View Full Version : Lithopanes

james1269
03-18-2010, 02:12 PM
where can I find plastics corian or polys for clear and color Lithopanes. will standard plexy glass work. or lexan ? thanks james

cnsranch
03-18-2010, 02:21 PM
CAST acrylics only - do a search (with quote marks around the words)

Plexiglass has too low a melting point, and will turn the end of your carving bit into a gooey glob of gopher gut.

litho
lithos
lithopane
lithophane
corian
acrylic

Etc. - you'll get tons and tons of info.

Make sure to post some pics.

PCW
03-18-2010, 02:37 PM
From Carvewright (http://store.carvewright.com/home.php?cat=259)

or email

Larry lmbkb@comcast.net (lmbkb@comcast.net) and put in the subject need corian. Last quote I received was $3 for 5x7 and $5 for 8x10

cnsranch
03-18-2010, 02:52 PM
Is the Corian CW has 1/4", or 1/2" thick?

PCW
03-18-2010, 02:59 PM
Is the Corian CW has 1/4", or 1/2" thick?

Jerry, I have never purchased any Corian at the CW store and I see what your saying LHR left out that little detail.:D

rjustice
03-18-2010, 03:03 PM
You can get the cast acrylic from McMaster Carr as well...

Ron

cnsranch
03-18-2010, 03:24 PM
LG - I really think you should give it a try - especially at the cheap price McMaster offers for a 4" thick by 12"x12"...

rjustice
03-18-2010, 03:34 PM
LG - I really think you should give it a try - especially at the cheap price McMaster offers for a 4" thick by 12"x12"...

I didnt say it was cheap :rolleyes:

CarverJerry
03-18-2010, 05:18 PM
You can always look on ebay as there are a few guys selling what we use for lithopanes, which is 1/4" thick, and it works well.

geekviking
03-18-2010, 10:58 PM
Bought some of the plastic cutting boards from Lowes when I was starting to try my hand at the Lithos & it worked really well, They ran about 8 bucks apiece if I remember and were like 9 1/2x 13 inch or something like that. I just took a piece of MDF and set a carve region in the center the same size (and depth for thickness) as the cutting board and it made a pretty nice sled.

lmbkb
03-29-2010, 06:04 PM
Hey guys, I was cleaning up the shop and I have good deals for you. I have box deals if anyone is interested. I have 8x10,5x7,4x6,11x13 in box sets. If anyone bought from me before they will see that the price per piece went down. That is right I said down not up. I have corian and another acrylic solid surface to offer. The othe solid surface is acrylic just like corian, works like corian it is just another companies name brand.

Here is the deals:

4x6 corian color glacier white --45 pcs for the price of $40 plus shipping

5x7 have 6pcs.of white,7pcs.of bone,7pcs.of natural pearl(champagne) in corian and 10 pcs of another acrylic solid surface material in the color of similair to cameo white in corian. Total will be 30pcs altogether for$60 plus shipping. That equals to $2 each pc.

8x10 have 7 pcs of bone, 6 pcs. of natural pearl( champagne) in corian and 7pcs of another acrylic solid surface material in the color of, similair to cameo white in corian. Totaol is 20 pcs of material for the price of $75 plus shipping. That equals to $3.75 each pc.

11x13 -- 10pcs of acrylic solid surface material in the color of, similair to cameo white in corian. Total of 10pcs for the price $60 plus shipping.That equals to $6 each pc.

I have one box ot the 4x6
I have 2 boxes of the 5x7
I have 2 boxes of the 8x10
I have 1 box of the 11x13

Trust me you won't find prices like this again. Let me know at lmbkb@comcast.net .

geekviking
03-30-2010, 05:14 PM
You guys that only want to make money from us on this site would at least...

NEVERMIND, like I said, you just want to profit from us anyway, and are not looking to have an actual conversation...

lmbkb
03-31-2010, 11:37 AM
sorry geekviking.

I am not just trying to just profit from you guys. I am offering better material for less money the those homedepot cutting boards.

Other guys buy from ebay and pay more then twice the amount then I am charging here. I know because I sell on ebay and to pay ebay fees I have to charge atleast $7 each for a 8x10. On here I offer it for $3.75 if you buy a box full.

I am sorry you think I am just trying to profit it from you but if you ask the other guys I think they rather pay$3.75 then $7 for a 8x10 piece of material.

alan.galbraith
03-31-2010, 04:00 PM
I can't blame you for making a profit, it does take your time to package everything up and then ship it out. I don't know about prices for corian yet, haven't got to that point. But when I do, i shop around and if I like your price, i'll buy it from you.

lmbkb
03-31-2010, 04:21 PM
Thanks Alan for the message. I glad people understand I am just trying to make alittle plus give it to you guys cheaper then I seen it anywhere else.
When you are ready let me know.

lhanner
03-31-2010, 05:56 PM
Thank for keeping us in mind on the corian. I do apreiciate you.

PCW
03-31-2010, 06:11 PM
I ordered two boxes on Monday and glad I did because Hess would have gotten it all.:mrgreen:

lhanner
03-31-2010, 06:15 PM
I now spharpen saw blades both steel and carbide tip up to 16" I also sharpen all router bits.

Just to let you know. Anyone in the forum gets good deal.

PCW
03-31-2010, 06:16 PM
I now spharpen saw blades both steel and carbide tip up to 16" I also sharpen all router bits.

Just to let you know. Anyone in the forum gets good deal.

How about carving bits?

geekviking
04-01-2010, 12:47 AM
sorry geekviking.

I am not just trying to just profit from you guys. I am offering better material for less money the those homedepot cutting boards.

Other guys buy from ebay and pay more then twice the amount then I am charging here. I know because I sell on ebay and to pay ebay fees I have to charge atleast $7 each for a 8x10. On here I offer it for $3.75 if you buy a box full.

I am sorry you think I am just trying to profit it from you but if you ask the other guys I think they rather pay$3.75 then $7 for a 8x10 piece of material.

Sorry as well, I'm glad you posted a response, it's not really you, but the spammers who seem to be hitting the site lately, and their only posts are " I've got x for $", I have noticed the LHR staff are up on getting rid of them pretty quick.

I, as all of us here really appreciate saving money wherever we can, so again I apologize for the off the cuff remark.

lmbkb
04-01-2010, 08:15 PM
All is good geekviking. I understand what you were trying to say.

PCW
04-04-2010, 07:29 PM
Larry,

Received both boxes and all I can say is I'm happy. Shipped next day via Priority Mail and Acrylic is as expected so it doesn't get much better than this.:D

Hey guys, I was cleaning up the shop and I have good deals for you. I have box deals if anyone is interested. I have 8x10,5x7,4x6,11x13 in box sets. If anyone bought from me before they will see that the price per piece went down. That is right I said down not up. I have corian and another acrylic solid surface to offer. The othe solid surface is acrylic just like corian, works like corian it is just another companies name brand.

Let me know at lmbkb@comcast.net .

lmbkb
04-10-2010, 01:32 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks for everyone showing interest in the box deals I had of corian. I sold a good amount. Thanks to hess and the other couple of guys. I did find alittle more, so I have a couple boxes left to offer. These will probably be it for a little while. I have not did much corian so supply getting to the end for a little bit.
The boxes are corian except where noted, and the other is a acrylic solid surface just like corian. I works like corian but it is another name brand. They are all 1/4" material.

The boxes are:
1 box of 8x10 material for $75 plus shipping. the box includes
5 bone
5 white
5 satin grey( very pale grey)
5 solid surface material
totaling 20pcs this box

2 boxes of 8x8 material for $65 each box plus shipping. the each box includes
4 natural pearl( champagne color)
2 dawn biege ( off white color)
4 satin grey( very pale grey)
10 bone
totaling 20pcs. each box

2 boxes of 5x7 material for $60 each box plus shipping. the each box includes
8 bone
5 white
7 natural pearl ( champagne color)
10 solid surface material
totaling 30pcs. each box

Thanks alot for all your business before and thanks for whoever wants these boxes. Let me know at lmbkb@comcast.net
larry

ncgirl
05-27-2010, 03:19 PM
Hi James! For different thicknesses of solid surface materials (Corian, Avonite, Wilsonart, Formica, etc.), including 1/4 inch thick, try http://solidsurface.com. They also have partial sheets and surplus, too. Hope that helps!

lmbkb
07-16-2010, 10:57 AM
Hi guys,
I haven't been on in a little bit. I hope everyone is doing good on their machine. I was reading about finding acrylic in local shop that is great if they give you a good price. I am here to offer more of my box deals that I do. It seems like everyone likes getting the material at wholesale prices for corian and othe solid surfaces .
I only have a couple because someone ordered these 3 boxes and didn't follow thru with it. So I am going to give them a great deal to get rid on them. I have bone corian and another solid surface that is just like corian. It works like corian and sand,routs like corian. It is like an antique white color.
The boxes are $50 each and shipping is $11.50 for each box. If you seen my post about boxes before you will seen these are a big drop in price. I ship priority flat rate mail which is 2 to 3 day delivery time. I sold alot of these boxes on here before and if you ask the guys that bought from me will let you know I ship right away and pack very well. If you want one or all 3 boxes let me know, first come first serve.

The boxes are like this :
1 box of 19pcs. solid surface ( not corian, but works the same) 8x10x1/4"

2 boxes that include 20pcs. of bone corian and 10pcs.of solid surface ( not corian, but works the same) 5x7x1/4" totaling 30pcs each box

I hope you guys see that this is a great deal and the prices are because someone else fell thru of buying them. I need to sell before I can get new material.

Email me at lmbkb@comcast.net (lmbkb@comcast.net) and please put corian in the subject so I don't overlook your email.
Larry

lawrence
07-20-2010, 11:44 PM
Just one more thumbs up for Larry's corian... I bought 20 pieces a while back (8 x 10) and it arrived as promised VERY QUICKLY and his prices were cheaper than I could find anywhere else. I recently did my first litho and the material carved (and bent once heated) just fine

Lawrence