PDA

View Full Version : Dust collection

jbiagioli
03-18-2010, 11:30 AM
Has anybody tried to fit dust collection hoses into the side panels? This seems logical to me since the sawdust collects there anyways. Of course this would involve cutting holes in the side panel to allow connection of a hose. Just wanted to know if anyone had tried this or was thinking about it.

fwharris
03-18-2010, 11:39 AM
Has anybody tried to fit dust collection hoses into the side panels? This seems logical to me since the sawdust collects there anyways. Of course this would involve cutting holes in the side panel to allow connection of a hose. Just wanted to know if anyone had tried this or was thinking about it.

There are a few that have done that.. KenM810 was probably one of the first to do so...

A lot of threads on "dust collection". Do a search to read up on and see pictures of what has been done..

chunk100479
03-18-2010, 11:49 AM
I have done it and it works great all I did was buy a hose mount bracket and modify it to fit the machine. It actually works allot better then the top mount and it is not in the way to change bits.

Icutone2
03-18-2010, 12:06 PM
Chunk, I like the idea of that and the ease of doing, must try it on mine! Thanks
Lee

Kenm810
03-18-2010, 12:18 PM
This is a thread of posts from a couple of years ago,
worked out well for me :wink:
Dust collection (http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=7101&highlight=side+vent)

chebytrk
03-18-2010, 12:19 PM
I have done it and it works great all I did was buy a hose mount bracket and modify it to fit the machine. It actually works allot better then the top mount and it is not in the way to change bits.

I do like the idea because as you say the top mount does get in the way when changing bits.

fwharris
03-18-2010, 12:44 PM
[QUOTE=chunk100479;124444]I have done it and it works great all I did was buy a hose mount bracket and modify it to fit the machine. It actually works allot better then the top mount and it is not in the way to change bits.
QUOTE]

My top mount DC-Insert has a very low profile inside the machine and unless you have very large hands and fingers it does not get in the way of changing the bits. This is one of the main things I considered in the design...

Digitalwoodshop
03-18-2010, 02:43 PM
I tried it too but used small nuts on the inside of the metal side. The nuts stuck out too far and the head going up and down hit.... So use pop rivets or counter sunk screw heads. I never got back to it.... but will try it again sometime.

AL