PDA

View Full Version : help please!!!

bogwojny
03-16-2010, 03:28 PM
Ive one i was relief carving and at 91% got a fatal error and was told to reboot. What do i do to retart the carving where it left off without losing a large piece wood again. Is there some how to erase the portion already carved and go from there????

flamesrule
03-16-2010, 03:37 PM
You can do a 0 carve region over the area that has been
carved already.Or just do a air carve.

fwharris
03-16-2010, 03:48 PM
Ive one i was relief carving and at 91% got a fatal error and was told to reboot. What do i do to retart the carving where it left off without losing a large piece wood again. Is there some how to erase the portion already carved and go from there????

Yes there is a way to recover you project without losing your wood.

Go back to the computer and re open your project. Using the rectangle tool place the rectangle over the area that has been carved. Select "carve region" and set the depth to "0".

re save under a new name and reload to the card.

this has happened to most of us and several posts on the subject. Here is just one that I found by doing a search..

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=10795&highlight=resuming+a+carve

By chance were you trying to vac out the machine at the time you got the fault?

bogwojny
03-16-2010, 03:50 PM
I opened the clear door cause the dust was piled high and scooped some out then it flashed the error. how do u reboot anyway?

cnsranch
03-16-2010, 03:53 PM
You should be able to turn the machine off, let the lcd clear, and turn it back on again.

bogwojny
03-16-2010, 04:03 PM
did that but it just went back to the beginning of carve start up.....got the new pattern ready and when I put the wood in do I make sure its at the beginning of the carve since it does it opposite of looking at?????? or place wood like it was when it stoped??

cnsranch
03-16-2010, 04:17 PM
If you've set a carve region with a 0 depth over the area that's already been carved, renamed the project, uploaded the new project on the card, inserted the card in the machine, turn on the machine, go to the new project, follow the steps, insert the board exactly the same way you had it before, you're good to go.

One thing, though. After the machine asks you to insert the bit, and after it touches the bit plate, etc., and is ready to touch the board for thickness measurement, you'll need to hit "stop". You'll then have three options, one is jog to position. You'll need to jog to a place on the board that hasn't been carved so that the machine will get the proper thickness - otherwise odds are that it will touch on a place that's been carved, and you'll have trouble - make sense?

bogwojny
03-16-2010, 04:23 PM
yes that does. Thanks for the help Id hate to lose another board.
Im making headboards for custom bunkbeds with a viking stlye knotwork and runic names for a friend will have pics once they are donr.

dbfletcher
03-16-2010, 04:26 PM
you'll need to hit "stop". You'll then have three options, one is jog to position. You'll need to jog to a place on the board that hasn't been carved so that the machine will get the proper thickness - otherwise odds are that it will touch on a place that's been carved, and you'll have trouble - make sense?

So by hitting stop you get the same behaviour as setting the jog to touch option in user options before the project? I didnt know that... great tip.

Doug Fletcher

cnsranch
03-16-2010, 04:30 PM
So by hitting stop you get the same behaviour as setting the jog to touch option in user options before the project? I didnt know that... great tip.

Doug Fletcher

Timing's everything - hit stop after the bit has touched down on the key pad side, and is moving toward the board.

Dude, you're a Senior Member, now - didn't you get the memo from Al Who telling you never to admit that you don't know something about the machine?

:mrgreen::p:cool::-D

dbfletcher
03-16-2010, 04:38 PM
Timing's everything - hit stop after the bit has touched down on the key pad side, and is moving toward the board.

Dude, you're a Senior Member, now - didn't you get the memo from Al Who telling you never to admit that you don't know something about the machine?

hmmm... in that case i'll blame it on a senior moment!!! Of course i knew that.. i must have just forgot! lol :mrgreen:

besides.... learning is a lifetime endevour

Doug Fletcher
PS. I'm still waiting for the "laser bit" that was annouced several years ago (it was an april fools joke by lhr if i remember right)

Digitalwoodshop
03-16-2010, 07:05 PM

:mrgreen:

MEMO
3/16/10

TO: Senior Members

Topic: Never let them see you sweat....
Always have an answer even if your wrong..

Per Memo dated 3/16/10 to keep the answers flowing and not let new users down.

Always supply a answer even if you don't have a clue....

Thank You for keeping the tradition going and passing it down from member to member for years to come.

AL Who....:mrgreen:

dbfletcher
03-16-2010, 07:44 PM
Got it! Thanks.. next time I am stumped I will be sure just to suggest another layer of masking tape. That will surely cure it right?

Doug Fletcher

Digitalwoodshop
03-16-2010, 09:12 PM
Got it! Thanks.. next time I am stumped I will be sure just to suggest another layer of masking tape. That will surely cure it right?

Doug Fletcher

You Betcha !!!!

AL Who...