PDA

View Full Version : Check Cut Motor

will-munny
03-15-2010, 08:33 PM
Hi all,

I got the "Check Cut Motor" message today, so i looked it up. It seems many people get this and just hit continue and everything proceeds as it should, and many have been getting it for a while and just proceed and everything is fine. Looks like some have problems with the magnet that senses the speed and rotation and some replace the motor. I did the sensor check and rotated the bit and it did count 1 2 3 4 5 6 ,

I just hit continue and it finished the last 40 minutes without a problem. Should I proceed to take the machine apart and check the magnet/motor, or as long the machine will continue without further problems should I just leave it and see if it keeps coming up. This is the first time it has come up. I have 100 cut hours and installed rjustices rock chuck from the git go and I installed fwharris dust collector at 10 hours. A big thanks to both of them for great products, which I am sure have saved me a lot of grief.

Anyway, keep carving or take it apart is the question??????

Thanks

dbfletcher
03-15-2010, 08:56 PM
Hi all,

I got the "Check Cut Motor" message today, so i looked it up. It seems many people get this and just hit continue and everything proceeds as it should, and many have been getting it for a while and just proceed and everything is fine. Looks like some have problems with the magnet that senses the speed and rotation and some replace the motor. I did the sensor check and rotated the bit and it did count 1 2 3 4 5 6 ,

I just hit continue and it finished the last 40 minutes without a problem. Should I proceed to take the machine apart and check the magnet/motor, or as long the machine will continue without further problems should I just leave it and see if it keeps coming up. This is the first time it has come up. I have 100 cut hours and installed rjustices rock chuck from the git go and I installed fwharris dust collector at 10 hours. A big thanks to both of them for great products, which I am sure have saved me a lot of grief.

Anyway, keep carving or take it apart is the question??????

Thanks

I think the general consensus is that this is a software/firmware bug that was introduced a few versions ago. Hitting continue seems to be the right answer right now.

Doug Fletcher

liquidguitars
03-15-2010, 11:16 PM
I think it a good idea to clean the flexcore and jacket every year or so with a solvent, you be surprised the amount of gunk inside.

if the shaft is clean you could have a bad spindle or off center bit.

mikehumphrey
04-10-2010, 06:44 PM
When I get the message and hit continue the cut motor does not run the system just drags the bit across my product.

Mike.

Digitalwoodshop
04-10-2010, 09:22 PM
When I get the message and hit continue the cut motor does not run the system just drags the bit across my product.

Mike.

Now that is a REAL CHECK CUT MOTOR....

The Short List of Why...

Cut Motor Brushes too short, 250 hours of cut time plus.... Time to replace brushes.

Right Side Cover Switch is loose or cover is not touching properly.

Wire is off or unplugged... At the Cut Motor where the Cover Switch connects.

X Termination Board has a broken C1 Capacitor.

Do you hear the motor start and the bit does not move? That is a loose Flex at the motor.

AL