PDA

View Full Version : Chuck, Z-truck Assy and Flexshat Assy temperature

shotgun 6
03-13-2010, 06:56 PM
Has anyone collected information on temperatures on the chuck, z-truck assy and flex shaft assy. I'm using a infrared temperature gage from RW-Parts which I've checeked and its pretty accurate. I'm running a five hour carve and the following temperatures are average throughout the carve. Room temp is appx 68 degrees; chuck (a RC) runs around 87 degrees; z-truck assy, main body - around 87 degrees; top of z-truck assy 90 degrees, flex shaft assy 93 degrees; flex shat four inches above assy 90 degrees, flex shat in middle of shaft72 degrees and where it enters top cover 74 degrees.

I occassionally get a "check cut motor" error but press enter and everything continues as normal. Have checked the rpm sensor and it is ok.

Are these temps noramal?

Old Salt
03-13-2010, 08:13 PM
keep uder 1oo mine runs in that area good thing to watch. High heat can be caused by to much oil under top hat on top of truck i check this first if heat goes up just clean of any oil and that will help. ck motor is just a glitch most of the time.

shotgun 6
03-13-2010, 08:26 PM
Thanks Old Salt. None of the parts have gotten above 94 yet. I haven't geen able to find any thread that specifically talks to the actual temp. I'll keep your point on checking for excess oil in mind.

Bill

Kenm810
03-13-2010, 08:43 PM
Here,s Mine from couple of years ago in February,
you can add about 10 to 15 Degrees to all those for August carvings Temps.

http://forum.carvewright.com/showpost.php?p=42966&postcount=16

shotgun 6
03-13-2010, 09:03 PM
Hi Ken -- thats exactly what I'm looking for. At the same room temp I'm running a little warmer except at the center to the back rear cover. I believe its a trend so I'll keep close watch. Might be oil like Old Salt mentioned. Thanks again for the chart. I noticed that when the cutting cycle started the temps came down to pretty closely match your chart.

Bill

mtylerfl
03-14-2010, 01:28 PM
Thanks Old Salt. None of the parts have gotten above 94 yet. I haven't geen able to find any thread that specifically talks to the actual temp. I'll keep your point on checking for excess oil in mind.

Bill

Hi Bill,

It's just not that critical - you do not need to do any laborious monitoring of the flexshaft temperature. All you need is your fingers - periodically rest your fingers on the curve of the flexshaft - if it is hot, you have a problem...if it is from cool to lukewarm, you're good.