PDA

View Full Version : X Axis Stall Error 293

kenbailey
03-12-2010, 01:03 PM
It all started with the installation of firmwear 161. The LCD quit. When
I installed 162 the next day it started working. Then I got the dreaded "AXIS STALL ERROR". Just for kicks, I installed my "scan probe", at which time I got an 1/8 inch movement before getting an "X AXIS STALL
293".
All ideas will be appreciated
Is there any way of getting a copy the schematics? Or are they top secret?

Digitalwoodshop
03-12-2010, 06:12 PM
Sounds like broken X Gears.

I have posted the pictures a few times, a easy fix... Call LHR for the parts and pdf for the install.

Tips and Tricks has lots of good info to help you. Broken gears are caused by the right side board guide being too close...., a wedge shaped wood, and a few other things listed in tips and tricks.

ALso you can search the topic and find many entries about the same topic. Just remember to use the " " around your search topic.

Nothing secret here... Just need to look.:mrgreen:

Typing "X Gears" into search resulted in 31 posts about it. http://forum.carvewright.com/search.php?searchid=1057436

Good Luck,

AL

tcough3475
03-14-2010, 09:54 PM
I've had this, or similar, x-axis error quite often but after reading this post and another post about cleaning the X gears, I decided to check mine. Couple of things to note. My CW has the older, 2 plate gear set-up. LHR now sells a replacement that has both gears on a single plate.

Even though the gear assembly is under a cover, I was shocked at how much dust had mixed with the grease. I had to remove them and clean with mineral sprits just to inspect for damage. Fortunatly, no missing teeth.

When I reassembled the gears though, I noticed they were binding and catching on one another. I lightly filed the inside of the larger drive gear to reduce the chance of them catching, but you can do this at your own risk. After applying new grease and reassembling my machine, I recieved a y-axis error, cleared it, and it's the first time I can remember the machine completing a project without another problem.

Going to order the new gear assembly in the morning just in case.

After the y-axis error, the LED cleared and there was a case where the machine just froze up. I checked the ribbon cable to the z-truck and it may be lose or need to be upgraded.

My hopes are getting higher with this thing, I was worried that I made a big mistake buying it 2 years ago.

Tracy