PDA

View Full Version : semi circle lettering

myshop1044
03-09-2010, 04:11 PM
I just did a test carve and the bottom lettering doesn't seem to lay right, the "P" seem to lay down and does not stand up correctly. I've tried adjustments but to no avail. The top lettering lay out very well

feel free to adjust it, but let me know what you did.

Myshop

lynnfrwd
03-09-2010, 04:44 PM
It appears you have stretched (yellow dots) the text to fit the curvature instead of adjusting the text from the corners (red dots) and making changes to the Arc Degrees. Mine is set at about -94 and fits nicely without skewing the text.

myshop1044
03-09-2010, 06:39 PM
Thanks Lynn, I'll give it a try.

Capt Bruce
03-09-2010, 07:38 PM
First time I've run into opening an MPC created with the latest version of Designer and cannot open it in 1.153. This is going to be problematic for those of us waiting for the bugs to be worked out. Oh well . . . .

CarverJerry
03-09-2010, 09:27 PM
I'm with ya Capt. I just tried to open a file written with the new version and got an error. Is that the same with the other earlier versions after a new version comes out? Is it possible to run both versions on the same computer?

AskBud
03-09-2010, 09:42 PM
I'm with ya Capt. I just tried to open a file written with the new version and got an error. Is that the same with the other earlier versions after a new version comes out? Is it possible to run both versions on the same computer?

I think it is easier to load the newest version on a 2nd PC since you may have 2 usages of the Designer for each CW/CC you own. That way, if you wish to test or assist using a higher version than you normally carve with, you do not compromise your main PC. That's the way I'm presently approaching the situation.
AskBud

Shaun.Jager
03-09-2010, 10:42 PM
I dont know if this is any better I spent 30 min on it.
I have had the exact same thing come up an could never get it even.
SJ

AskBud
03-09-2010, 11:06 PM
I dont know if this is any better I spent 30 min on it.
I have had the exact same thing come up an could never get it even.
SJ

First, "Center" the text (left & right).
Choose what you want to be the same (Height or Width). Set the size you wish on one of the lines. Now, go to the YELLOW dot on on that same text and stretch the other dimension to the size you wish it to be.

Repeat the process on the next line.
AskBud

mtylerfl
03-10-2010, 07:23 AM

You can easily run several versions on the same computer, if you do a little prep work BEFORE installing a newer version. Jeff Birt explained the process a couple years ago and it works great...

Before installing a new version of Designer:

Copy your existing CarveWright installation folder (by right-clicking on the CarveWright directory in Program Files, then select "Copy"). Then paste it right back into the 'Program Files' directory (by right-clicking on the "Program Files" folder and selecting "Paste").

Windows will rename it 'Copy of CarveWright', so you will now have two...the original still in the 'C:\Program Files\CarveWright' folder and another of the same version in the new 'C:\Program Files\Copy of CarveWright' folder. I recommend changing the folder name to "Copy of CarveWright 1.1xx" so you know what version it is a copy of!

Locate the 'gui.exe' file in your copied version, right click it, and select 'Create Shortcut'. Copy the resulting shortcut to your desktop and rename it as "Copy of Designer 1.1-whatever-version" so you will always know which version the shortcut will open up for you.

When you install a newer version of Designer, it will overwrite the original Carvewright folder in 'Program Files', but will leave your copy alone. That way you can run whatever version you want, anytime you want. (see my screenshot)

NOTE: The above steps assume you did not designate a different installation directory/folder whenever you install your Designer software, but keep the default directory of C:\Program Files\CarveWright (which is usually advisable).