PDA

View Full Version : jig error message

4woodard
03-09-2010, 02:38 PM
every time I try to put an edge on my project, i get the jig error message offereing me a manual jig, auto jig or ignore. all I am trying to do is edge the piece. please help... thanks

Digitalwoodshop
03-09-2010, 02:43 PM
I think the reply is going to be just select Ignore as i do when I place a cut path too close to the edge. But it is better for more users to chime in on this safety topic. I would hate for you to break the machine because of me...

Ask Bud will chime in soon with a good answer along with the many other Senior Users with lots of experience doing edges. I have never done an edge...

AL

atauer
03-09-2010, 02:50 PM
any time you do any type of work on the outer edge of a board, you will receive this message. It is just letting you know that you could encounter issues doing this, as the bit will be extremely close to the board tracking sensor, and everyone knows how important board tracking is.

In this case, it would be okay to press ignore, as the odds of you doing an edge rout all the way through a board are slim to none.

www.go3d.us
03-09-2010, 08:54 PM
I usually hit ignore under these conditions: sled is used, the cut/carve is not too deep, no cut through 1" close to either side of the edge.

4woodard
03-09-2010, 09:52 PM
Thanks So Much! We Hit Ignore And It Worked Just Fine. Appreciate Your Help!

4woodard
03-09-2010, 09:52 PM
thanks so much- the ignore button was the way to go.

4woodard
03-09-2010, 09:53 PM
you were right- 2 others told us to use the ignore button- it worked just fine, thanks for taking the time to help.