PDA

View Full Version : error 319 track roller fault

myshop1044
03-08-2010, 02:17 PM
This is my first. when it started the carve it was off in the x and Y as shown in the attachments. I did option 7 and measured the x and y manually, ever thing check out ok on the sled .
tried it again and that is when I got the error. I put new tape on the bottom of the sled, looked at the belts and did not see any roll up at all, I check the rubber " o " ring on the brass wheel, everything seems ok. the error comes back.

What do I look for now.

Myshop1044

cnsranch
03-08-2010, 02:55 PM
Don't know how long/heavy your sled is, but its weight can mess up your measurements - when it comes out from under one roller or the other as the machine is measuring, the board can hang up (they all "tip" to a degree, but a longer/heavier than normal will tip even more), forcing the thing to slip. If it's fairly long, you could need additional support.

Check that your infeed and outfeed tables are adjusted correctly, make sure the sled is tracking parallel to the sliding plate, make sure the sliding plate is parallel, and not causing any binding (even if the sled is square, if the plate's not, it'll hang).

Those are the mechanical possibilities, I'm sure AW will ring in on the electrical.

TIMCOSBY
03-08-2010, 07:27 PM
mpc dimensions maybe? just a wild guess.

Digitalwoodshop
03-08-2010, 07:33 PM
Still think it is a rolled under belt.... I could NOT see the roll over.... Not until I cut a 1 inch section from the belt.... Then I saw it.... And I am "MR. Masking Tape".... So seeing my first Roller Error had me looking.....

AL

mtylerfl
03-08-2010, 07:41 PM
This is my first. when it started the carve it was off in the x and Y as shown in the attachments. I did option 7 and measured the x and y manually, ever thing check out ok on the sled .
tried it again and that is when I got the error. I put new tape on the bottom of the sled, looked at the belts and did not see any roll up at all, I check the rubber " o " ring on the brass wheel, everything seems ok. the error comes back.

What do I look for now.

Myshop1044

Hello,

Sorry you're having tracking problems. For possible helpful info and tips to solve your problem, you may want to read over the Tips & Tricks - ISSUE 27 Jan/Feb 2010 "Maintaining Accurate Board Tracking " (http://www.carvebuddy.com/PDFs/CW_TipsandTricks_Newsletters/CarveWrightTips&Tricks_Jan_Feb_2010.pdf)

myshop1044
03-08-2010, 08:27 PM
Thanks fellows for the comments on the possiblities of the errors. I too believe in masking tape, so I removed the old tape and put some new tape on. I did look at out feed tables, they seem to level the sled is only 16" long and it's made from 1/2" material. I do 3/8 " corian on this sled and I have done about 50 or 60 on the same sled.
It's like digital said, it good to back to basic so I went read the Tips and Tricks on tracking manitance and it helped.
I believe I have fixed the problem, cause it hasn't yet happen again.

good talking to you fellows

PS I just installed a new DC insert and what a difference it has made in such a short time, or maybe it the 2 1/2 hp vac system that's connected directly to my CW that is doing all the good.
Just funnie

Myshop