PDA

View Full Version : Y axis stall 303 Help

TheWeeze
03-06-2010, 08:29 PM
Posted earlier but thought I should put the error code in the title, Thanks

Digitalwoodshop
03-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Lost posted on this...

In the nut shell, sometimes the board comes out from under a roller and is not being held flat to the table and this "Trips" the bit.... Raises the wood as it is cutting and causes a stall. It is best to design projects to always keep the wood held by 2 rollers and flat to the table.

Also with 2 posts... You could be a new user and new bits have been known to come loose in the bit holder. We recommend removing each set screw in the bit holders one at a time and re seating it with BLUE Lock Tite.

Lots of great stuff to learn in Tips and Tricks.

Also using the " " around the search word makes it work.... Without it, you get nothing found. Something that always needs to be passed on by other users... No tips on that in the search window....

Good Luck and Welcome.

Let us know how you make out.

Lots to learn.....

AL:mrgreen:

TheWeeze
03-06-2010, 10:59 PM
Lost posted on this...

In the nut shell, sometimes the board comes out from under a roller and is not being held flat to the table and this "Trips" the bit.... Raises the wood as it is cutting and causes a stall. It is best to design projects to always keep the wood held by 2 rollers and flat to the table.

Also with 2 posts... You could be a new user and new bits have been known to come loose in the bit holder. We recommend removing each set screw in the bit holders one at a time and re seating it with BLUE Lock Tite.

Lots of great stuff to learn in Tips and Tricks.

Also using the " " around the search word makes it work.... Without it, you get nothing found. Something that always needs to be passed on by other users... No tips on that in the search window....

Good Luck and Welcome.

Let us know how you make out.

Lots to learn.....

AL:mrgreen:

Thanks I will try it again tomorrow. Should have been under both rollers but will make sure i didnt do something wrong. New to forum but using the compucarve for about 18 months. Second run after Just receiving it back from being repaired when the door sensor quite working. Was afraid something else went wrong. Will follow up with you tomorrow. Thanks again

TheWeeze
03-07-2010, 10:56 AM
Thanks I will try it again tomorrow. Should have been under both rollers but will make sure i didnt do something wrong. New to forum but using the compucarve for about 18 months. Second run after Just receiving it back from being repaired when the door sensor quite working. Was afraid something else went wrong. Will follow up with you tomorrow. Thanks again

Checked all suggestions, Board stays under rollers, have always used loctite on all my bits. doing everything according to the instruction manual. Only change is just returned from being repaired. Any additional help with Y axis stall error 303 is greatly appreciated, trying to keep from sending it back for service. Thanks, Success and all the best.

buffybuttons
03-07-2010, 11:48 AM
Hi, just resolved a z axis error 303 problem .I misread the post and see yours is a y 303 error not z 303.Your problem might be caused by too much head pressure. If you hear the gears making a groaning sound the head pressure is too high. There is article on this website on how to test and adjust head pressure.

This post is for a Z 303 error and probably doesnt apply to your problem. After checking for loose bit, chuck,x, and y and z looseness and finding no problems i made a discovery. The z axis motor just needed the rear black cap removed and the optical z axis encoder blown clean with canned air. There was over a tablespoon of sawdust under the z motor cap The motor cap gasket does not keep sawdust out and even a little speck in the wrong spot can cause the z axis to misread the mini black location bars. Misread bars causes the motor to loose its true position measurement resulting in ripples and gouges in the carving surface.

this is a really easy fix and i wish i knew about it a year ago.
I sealed the outer perimeter of the z motor encoder cap with silicone caulk to help prevent future occurances of this.

see attached pics of transparent optical z axis motor encoder disc and cap.

If this helps anyone or anymore questions let me know via email link below.

Happy carving!
Dave Buskirk

See Pattern Vendor Buffybuttons link below for great patterns.
http://store.carvewright.com/pattern.php?vendor=buffy_buttons

EMAIL
rowdy-redneck@hotmail.com

TheWeeze
03-07-2010, 06:41 PM
Hi, just resolved a z axis error 303 problem .I misread the post and see yours is a y 303 error not z 303.Your problem might be caused by too much head pressure. If you hear the gears making a groaning sound the head pressure is too high. There is article on this website on how to test and adjust head pressure.

This post is for a Z 303 error and probably doesnt apply to your problem. After checking for loose bit, chuck,x, and y and z looseness and finding no problems i made a discovery. The z axis motor just needed the rear black cap removed and the optical z axis encoder blown clean with canned air. There was over a tablespoon of sawdust under the z motor cap The motor cap gasket does not keep sawdust out and even a little speck in the wrong spot can cause the z axis to misread the mini black location bars. Misread bars causes the motor to loose its true position measurement resulting in ripples and gouges in the carving surface.

this is a really easy fix and i wish i knew about it a year ago.
I sealed the outer perimeter of the z motor encoder cap with silicone caulk to help prevent future occurances of this.

see attached pics of transparent optical z axis motor encoder disc and cap.

If this helps anyone or anymore questions let me know via email link below.

Happy carving!
Dave Buskirk

See Pattern Vendor Buffybuttons link below for great patterns.
http://store.carvewright.com/pattern.php?vendor=buffy_buttons

EMAIL
rowdy-redneck@hotmail.com

Thanks, I did hear a little grinding I've never heard before, sounds like you might be on the right track. Will check it out as soon as I can and get back with you.